Question about this receiver.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about this receiver.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Default Question about this receiver.

So I found and purchased the complete front end in photo and the guy I bought the front end from is willing to sell the rear portion for $935. I was thinking about buying the rear portion but I think I can get the parts (weld mounts and rear 1000m sight) on the rear portion for cheaper at RTG parts and Gunbroker. Looking for some advice.

Question about this receiver.-hk11.jpg

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Great potential for a reweld. Also the trigger pack hanger is pretty important to that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gulfstategaurd View Post
    Great potential for a reweld. Also the trigger pack hanger is pretty important to that.
    re weld the receiver together? Is that even legal to do?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Semi mods would need doing first.

it is scrap metal at moment, as long as denials go in place before reweld, perfectly fine.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miacovet View Post
    re weld the receiver together? Is that even legal to do?
    Yes, absolutely. As gulfstategaurd said, the "full auto" characteristics must be addressed before the metal pieces are made into a receiver.

What was once legally a machine gun (stripped receiver) is now rendered scrap the moment it is cut in half (or better) and rendered useless as a receiver. (All ATF opinions aside, and they are just that, opinions, not law, they would like you to torch cut in x amount of spots displacing x amount of material, they don't write the laws, but they pretend to)

So if one were to plastic weld a G36 receiver into something useful again from pieces, the rear end must have material added to prevent insertion of an auto bolt carrier, thus making it a semi auto receiver. For an AK, it must have the safety (auto) sear holes welded up before being a receiver again, etc. Different weapon designs require different actions. Best way to do it is make it to the same specifications of existing semi auto examples, if available.

Very nice finds, OP.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweersa View Post
    Yes, absolutely. As gulfstategaurd said, the "full auto" characteristics must be addressed before the metal pieces are made into a receiver.

What was once legally a machine gun (stripped receiver) is now rendered scrap the moment it is cut in half (or better) and rendered useless as a receiver. (All ATF opinions aside, and they are just that, opinions, not law, they would like you to torch cut in x amount of spots displacing x amount of material, they don't write the laws, but they pretend to)

So if one were to plastic weld a G36 receiver into something useful again from pieces, the rear end must have material added to prevent insertion of an auto bolt carrier, thus making it a semi auto receiver. For an AK, it must have the safety (auto) sear holes welded up before being a receiver again, etc. Different weapon designs require different actions. Best way to do it is make it to the same specifications of existing semi auto examples, if available.

Very nice finds, OP.
    With all of that said, is that rear stub worth the $935? I just did the math for the weld mounts and rear sight on RTG parts, HKparts and Gunbroker and it came out less.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

With all of that said, is that rear stub worth the $935? I just did the math for the weld mounts and rear sight on RTG parts, HKparts and Gunbroker and it came out less.
    Personal opinion NO. You can buy a complete rifle from a third party manufacturer for less. But it may be worth it to you for the joy of having your own G3 clone.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alfahornet View Post
    Personal opinion NO. You can buy a complete rifle from a third party manufacturer for less. But it may be worth it to you for the joy of having your own G3 clone.
    I want it to be all HK

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alfahornet View Post
    This is a hk21 not a g3 clone

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

These are the hardest builds of an hk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links