Red dot height preference and advantages/disadvantages for MP5?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Red dot height preference and advantages/disadvantages for MP5?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Red dot height preference and advantages/disadvantages for MP5?

Have no experience with a red dot on an MP5 and I am starting to gather parts for my SP5 which I should be able to pick up thursday or friday. All of my AR's are either absolute or 1/3rd lower co-witness but, there is no rear sight clutter up the sight picture since they all have folding rear sights. I plan on getting an ultra low profile mount but not sure if I'm going MRO (my current preference), SRO, Aimpoint or other... Looking at some pictures I've seen here and on image searches, it looks like co-witness through the rear diopter drum may be really cluttered. I also realize it may come down to personal preference and all but, what do most people prefer from experience? Absolute co-witness (probably the hardest to get from what I'm seeing), 1/3rd lower co-witness or red dot above the triple frame? Any advantages or disadvantages that I haven't thought of? Thanks, habe.

Edit: Sorry I left "MP5" out of the title. Unfortunately, can't edit titles once posted...
    Last edited by habe; 12-21-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I started out on the higher mounted ones and did not like them. Eventually got to cowitness and love it. To each their own. For AR/AK I like 1/3, but their irons are out of the way more compared to HKs.
    habe likes this.
    HK KI MARK 23
    HK KI USP45 Tactical
    HK BG USP9 Tactical
    HK BG 45 Tactical
    HK BG VP9 Tactical
    HK BG VP9
    HK BG P30
    HK BG P30SK
    HK BG SP5K(MP5K-N)
    TPM MP5F
    TPM P5SD
    MM 23E
    MM 23EK
    MM G36C
    MM G36K
    Looking for BG P30L V3 9mm & BG USP 9 Expert

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I vote for non-cowitness. I’m just a mag dump junky in full auto and don’t like the cluttered sights
    habe, axehole and Anopstyx like this.
    Qualified HK Sear
    PCS mp5k
    PCS 53
    PCS 33k
    Omega mp5
    Omega SD-k
    Black Ops Defense mp5

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    habe and GPSIG like this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I prefer cowitness, a natural line of sight and more streamlined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK, I think I'm going to try for co-witness, which unfortunately knocks the MRO out. If I don't like it, I can always get a riser or taller mount. Thanks.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

It's nice in co-witness setups to be able to quickly confirm that the two sight systems are both still pointing at the same target. But if you shoot with head mounted night vision or often have to tip the firearm (e.g., buttstock atop or beneath shoulder and/or rifle rotated 90 degrees, for covering areas at corners or steep upward angles) to avoid interference between the stock and the gear you wear, a very high mount RDS is far more comfortable to get behind.
    Anopstyx likes this.
    My opinion's as worthy as one from any other doddering old grampa you have never met or heard of.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by habe View Post
    OK, I think I'm going to try for co-witness, which unfortunately knocks the MRO out. If I don't like it, I can always get a riser or taller mount. Thanks.
    My SP5k co-witnesses rather well with the MRO. I'll see if I can get a decent pic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tm530 View Post
    My SP5k co-witnesses rather well with the MRO. I'll see if I can get a decent pic...
    Thanks! I'd even be OK with something close to a lower 1/3rd co-witness as long as its not too close to the sight frame top. Right now its kinda hard to beat the MRO for price vs an Aimpoint, especially a T1 or T2. If an MRO works out, thats my current preference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So I periodically see this SIS sight and agree this would seem to be the perfect MP5 sight...I see the actual sight for sale in a few locations but can not find the low mount MP5 mount for it. I’d buy the setup in a heartbeat if anyone knows where to find the actual mount...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links