MP5SD Barrel choice
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HkCHUCK

Thread: MP5SD Barrel choice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MP5SD Barrel choice

So I just got an SP5 and I plan on sending it and my German MP5SD kit off to have it built but my question is, should I reuse the already installed German barrel, or buy one of the new B&T barrels and use it? Obviously the original barrel is German, but it has an unknown round count through it and the B&T is new. What do you guys think the best choice would be?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Shameless promotion: Just in case you decide to purchase an B&T SD barrel.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-parts...ml#post3625750

HkChuck

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

B&T would be a good choice, since you will have a ton of $ wrapped up in the project; may as well have a new barrel installed. Sell off the old one to recoup some of the expense. I have a RCM in my SD works very well and accurate.
    Bill
    triggerwork.net

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

There isn't anything better than a German barrel. Unless it is damaged the German barrel is the way to go.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have a used German not 1/2 x 28 barrel in my RDTS build and it shoots minute of doughnut hole slung tight and standing at night at my steel at 27 yards using an around the suppressor flashlight adapter holder thingie... I remember calling HK in Germany in the 80's to ask about getting a barrel change in my German rrMP5, guy asked me how many rounds I had through it, laughed and told me to call back when I had over 95,000 or noticed group spread from a bench. I have somewhere over 115,000 through it now and am not sending it in yet. The German barrels are good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by g3a3a1 View Post
    So I just got an SP5 and I plan on sending it and my German MP5SD kit off to have it built but my question is, should I reuse the already installed German barrel, or buy one of the new B&T barrels and use it? Obviously the original barrel is German, but it has an unknown round count through it and the B&T is new. What do you guys think the best choice would be?

George from Alaska

HK45T DA/SA, HK45T Light LEM, Mark 23 90's era, no lockout, P30L v3, P30L Light LEM, USP .45 Elite
    rrMP5 SEF select fire - Flemming from a 94
    IGF MP5 SBR - now a post sample
    IGF HK33 pistol - now a post sample
    RDTS MP5 pistol from a German HK parts kit - now a post sample
    RDTS MP5 SD pistol from a German HK parts kit - now a post sample
    TSC MP5K N pistol from a German SP89 - now a post sample
    bunch of suppressors
    other NFA machine guns
    07/02

Sponsored Links