G36K BHO Issue
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: G36K BHO Issue

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default G36K BHO Issue

G36K BHO device with the bolt locked to the rear a mag is inserted with any amount of rounds once seated and snapped in the BHO device pushes down on the back of the round pointing it up. The BHO device will not send the bolt home at this point.
    I took the device out put it back together fired the weapon no issues whatsoever except had to revert to the MP5 way of reloading of a mag and charging.
    Got home put the device back into the trigger housing in better light and still the same result. There is not much travel with it but empty it works with pushing up and down to hold the bolt and release. I am also using a HK LEO 30 Rd. Mag.
    Here's a pic of what's going on at this point the action is stopped it has an extended BHO lever.
    Thanks for any help
    G36K BHO Issue-img_3300.jpgG36K BHO Issue-img_3301.jpgG36K BHO Issue-img_3305.jpg
    Last edited by Lthrneck03; 01-13-2020 at 01:14 AM. Reason: More info

Teufelshund Tactical
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Without having your weapon on my workbench, I can only assume that you have improperly assembled the trigger group.
    Lthrneck03 likes this.
    SF,

James

Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Is it possible your BHO is the spuhr release?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nzfly View Post
    Is it possible your BHO is the spuhr release?
    G36K BHO Issue-img_3304.jpg I have no idea what brand?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Pretty sure that is the spuhr. Take a pic of the side profile if u would. If it is then it is engaging the round cause it is elongated due to how the spuhr ar mag well is cavity is moved forward

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Ahhh I see you updated the pics in the first post. Yeah that is the spuhr release that is proprietary to the spuhr magwell.
    Lthrneck03 and GuntherRommel like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

That does not appear to be an HK extended bolt release, none of mine had any writing on it. Looks aftermarket. Swap with a known HK German part to see how that performs.

I do not know if this impacts the extended bolt release performance, but your hammer spring to the right of the hammer (trigger group pointing forward of you) is improperly installed. The forward spring leg needs to contact (tension against) the inside of the little polymer wall in the fire control group, not the actuator pin as it appears in the photo. The left hammer spring is installed correctly in a fire control group that doesn't have the actuator (safety/auto sear). In the latter case, that hammer spring leg is for and contacts the actuator, which you don't need to worry about since your rifle is semi auto with a semi auto bolt carrier.

Lthrneck03 likes this.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok I will order new one and try it and work on hammer spring then give an update.
    Thanks all
    SF Marine/03
    sweersa likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Update: I bought another US extended BHO device. A little grinding and fitting was done in order to get it to work as you can see in the pic.
    Now what was done did work until I started shooting the rifle and then it started not wanting to move freely again. So being the HK Armorer I am not I proceeded to file a little more off.
    I then worked it up and down cycled the action and after a few times, it went back to what it was doing before. It was rubbing the rounded part of the hammer where the pin goes thru at the bottom, it seemed to have it in a bind. After playing with it some more it finally broke. I have bought another German one without the extension and will try again.

G36K BHO Issue-e02e3987-9423-4da0-8d51-8133a233d3ac.jpeg

The good from this is that I am learning how to work on Hk trigger systems. I really like the G36 series of rifles and I will make this work after shooting it’s the only thing I’m a little irritated about.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Something is not right, a German bolt release wouldn’t require any fitting, if the US one is a true clone, it wouldn’t either. I suppose even the Germans could make something out of spec, but that’s unlikely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links