Safety Selector Question

Thread: Safety Selector Question

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Safety Selector Question

I’m just wondering if someone could help a noob out with a couple of questions. I have (I think) an A3 f built by turner. The trigger housing has four pictographs and the ambi safety selector can move between three settings. I’d like to get an fbi 0,1 but the cost just doesn’t make sense.

For the sake of safety and ease of use I would really like the selector to only be able to move to two positions- safe and fire. If I purchase a two position ambi selector will that prevent the selector from going more than two positions in the trigger pack / housing I already have?

Alternatively is there a modification I could make to what I already have to limit this travel? I don’t really care for the “oversized” selector on the left side but mostly it’s just the fact that there is more than two positions that bugs me. Especially when shooting with friends they might not always put it all the way back to safe when firing.

Sorry if this had been covered or is common knowledge but I’ve spent the past few nights trying to find an answer (that doesn’t cost several hundred dollars) without success.

Second question is in regards to my magazine fit. I have six brand new factory hk mags and every one of them is very difficult to insert all the way. Bolt has to be back and I have to use both hands to finally get them to click in. Inserting normally just doesn’t work. Is there a common fix for this or will it have to get sent out to be corrected? Thanks for any and all help!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the 2 position selector should only move between safe and fire , i have one of the hk parts 2 position ambi levers and it will only move between safe and fire even in a 3 position pack.

the bolt should be to the rear when loading a full magazine , once the mag is inserted pull it to the rear to lock it into place

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks! I have ordered an fbi ambi selector and will update when I get it.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HydeParkHit View Post
    For the sake of safety and ease of use I would really like the selector to only be able to move to two positions- safe and fire. If I purchase a two position ambi selector will that prevent the selector from going more than two positions in the trigger pack / housing I already have?
    Give this man a cigar! I'm right there with ya, brother. I don't like the 3/4 position semi-converted packs at all. It's too easy to flip past single-fire to "burst" or "auto" and then clicking back up a notch doesn't put the weapon on safe. Not a huge deal to me, because I know the feel of the weapon, and where the selector needs to be .. but I bring a lot of newbs shooting, especially folks that are afraid of guns and nervous the first time out. I like everything I have to be clean, and intuitive.

Plus, I think its dumb to have positions and markings just for looks. Feel like a poser with that crap. Semi packs and 0/1 housings for me, unless I'm farting with a binary trigger .. then a 0/1/2 or 0/1/3 is sensible.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, P8A1, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

Sponsored Links