Magpul HK trigger housing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Magpul HK trigger housing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ig720 View Post
    Mqgpul confused me when they decided to release Glock mags.
    What's to be confused about? Glock is the most prevalent handgun in the US, the mags are already mostly polymer (and therefore can be made into all-polymer with less issues than all-metal mags), and tons of third party carbines use Glock mags too. Makes all the sense in the world to me.

As for those hating this release, it's more support for HKs, which is historically lacking. I love that Magpul's doing HK stuff, even if I don't need this particular product.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

As for those hating this release, it's more support for HKs, which is historically lacking. I love that Magpul's doing HK stuff, even if I don't need this particular product.
    Yeah that's a good point, more products for HK's the better.
    I wonder if they've taken a stab at MP5 magazines..

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    What's to be confused about? Glock is the most prevalent handgun in the US, the mags are already mostly polymer (and therefore can be made into all-polymer with less issues than all-metal mags), and tons of third party carbines use Glock mags too. Makes all the sense in the world to me.
    So Glock mags being inferior, historically proven and priced affordably a reason to enter the market? We’re definitely on different frequencies and that’s ok, I’ll stick to Glock. As well as HK accessories.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So Glock mags being inferior, historically proven and priced affordably a reason to enter the market? We’re definitely on different frequencies and that’s ok, I’ll stick to Glock. As well as HK accessories.
    I don't understand what you're saying. They're inferior and historically proven?

Anyway, the Glock market is bigger than anything else out there, so there's lots of demand for Glock mags. Factory Glock mags are already partially polymer, so the engineering of a full-polymer magazine isn't hard since the mag-well tolerances are there without making the magazine stick way out of the bottom of the gun. An all-polymer magazine like a PMAG can cost as much as 50% of the cost of a Glock mag, so there are lots of sales to be had.

It was a great business decision. I bet they can't even make an HK PMAG of the same capacity since our mags are metal, and therefore would require either a reduction in capacity or the mag obnoxiously sticking out the bottom of the gun to make room for the extra polymer thickness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I called Magpul up a few weeks ago, and the reps I spoke to could not give me a release date.

I held a MP5 with the magpul trigger housing and ambi selector at the 2019 NRA Convention in Indy. I thought the ergonomics were improved enough to justify choosing one over a factory HK Navy style lower.

My SP5 is waiting for me at a local gun shop. I will strongly consider buying a Magpul lower when they get released, as it counts as a 922r part. I plan on shooting my SP5 and not relegating it to being a retro style safe queen. I have a Knight’s RAS waiting for it in my safe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I agree with you that Glock
    mags are cheap enough and reliable enough that it makes no sense to buy a Magpul Glock mag. However, they do work well, and for some people who can’t afford it, it’s a better alternative to other after market glock mags whose quality is quite poor.

HK accessories are very expensive, and unfortunately for us, unless you buy preban HK 91s/94s, we have to use 922r US made compliance parts. It’s nice to see Magpul is getting into the HK game to help us in that regard.

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Especially since Glock mags are already cheap. Magpul is more of a clothing company now than anything. I have a bunch of pmags, but don’t think I will ever buy more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
    Especially since Glock mags are already cheap. Magpul is more of a clothing company now than anything. I have a bunch of pmags, but don’t think I will ever buy more.
    You need to look at the amount of Glocks sold that all require mags. Magpul is trying to get a share of those millions of mags being sold. They did extremely well with their Pmags when people were panic buying.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

I really like Magpul mags. I use them nearly exclusively with my guns in different variants. AR/HK416 (obviously), but also use them on my AK and G36. I have "correct" HK-factory mags for the 416 and G36, as well as a couple of bakelite AK mags when its time for show-and-tell .. but if I'm just looking to shoot? I have no problem with Magpul.

I really hate Magpul furniture. I haven't seen a single gun with Magpul furniture that didn't look all out of place. The lines just don't flow -- and worse I just don't find their handguards and stocks comfortable at all. The pistol grips? Well, whatever I'm not picky there.. but it still looks all wrong on an MP5.

So no -- I won't be slapping Magpul furniture on any of my guns, but MP5 Pmags would get my attention. Even if they were only 20 or 25 rounders. Goofy looking extra-long 30 rounders - probably not. A 9mm drum? Yes please.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, P8A1, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Magpul should market a SEF pictogram housing.

-E-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links