SP5 or HK94 - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: SP5 or HK94

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the above! So what if it was registered as an SBR before the sear was installed? Also could one install a german HK folding stock? My apologies for the questions but a little new to this HK stuff. I think this is a great thread for spelling out the differences between the SP5 and the Preban HK94.

HK JUNKIE
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 357hipower View Post
    Thanks for the above! So what if it was registered as an SBR before the sear was installed? Also could one install a german HK folding stock? My apologies for the questions but a little new to this HK stuff. I think this is a great thread for spelling out the differences between the SP5 and the Preban HK94.
    With an SP5, after it’s been registered as an SBR, the sear can move about freely to other host guns without having to change the configuration of the SP5.

However, if you haven’t registered it as an SBR, a stock can only be attached only after the registered auto sear is installed. Because at that point Machine Gun configuration trumps SBR configuration.

The SP5 is subject to 922r as a rifle, whether SBR or non-SBR, due to it being manufactured after 1989. (Thanks, Bush Sr)

With the HK94, 922r doesn’t apply because the gun was manufactured prior to the 1989 Importation Ban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great! Thanks for the clarification. So one would just have to make sure the butt stock is removed BEFORE the sear pack is removed to avoid a legal problem. I don't think this is a bog deal to save big bucks compared to the Preban HK94. I also think the SP5 offers improved parts ie. fire pin spring for one thing.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HK JUNKIE
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Great! Thanks for the clarification. So one would just have to make sure the butt stock is removed BEFORE the sear pack is removed to avoid a legal problem. I don't think this is a bog deal to save big bucks compared to the Preban HK94. I also think the SP5 offers improved parts ie. fire pin spring for one thing.
    That’s correct, if it’s not registered as an SBR. But if you did want to register the gun as an SBR, it would have to satisfy 922r.

If just using it for a sear host, it doesn’t need to satisfy 922r because it doesn’t apply to pistols.

Check this video out...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MeMTE1ICwYI

He’s an HKpro member too - LRM19K
    Kisara likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How many parts on these must be US parts to meet SBR requirements? I'm thinking a german HK folding butt stock is a no no then as an SP5 SBR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm new here so I apologize in advance but other than full auto what is the difference between the MP5 and the SP5?

JPB
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

SP5 all day long. In my mind, the SP5's barrel being chrome lined makes it arguably the finest MP5 barrel ever produced, and I'm a three lugger so no harm no foul on the 1/2-28. Though, because it is 1/2-28 I can put a bunch of my cans on it, not just the three lug ones. I don't want to offend anyone's sensibilities here, but having a boutique builder build up a 94 with a bunch MP5 parts and remarking it "MP5" doesn't make it an MP5. That's the best we've had until now, but I'll take an actual HK build vs. a parts kit build from a third party builder every time. For me, having a third party pull the barrel, and add a flapper lessens the HK pedigree of the weapon.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

How many parts on these must be US parts to meet SBR requirements? I'm thinking a german HK folding butt stock is a no no then as an SP5 SBR.
    There are no US parts in SBR requirements. SBR is short barreled rifle, but have an approved tax stamp from our friends at the ATF with required markings, and not be a machine gun without a registered sear. That's it.

922r is outside of the NFA, a totally separate law. The NFA doesn't talk about or "care" about parts origin and counts.
    Last edited by sweersa; 01-27-2020 at 12:08 AM.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

HK JUNKIE
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Seems to be a sh!tshow on determining if NFA firearms are subject to 922r.

https://johnpierceesq.com/does-922r-...ported-pistol/

I’d err on the side of caution.
    SudS likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Man this is so darn complex! You read that and makes you realize how complex the laws are. It almost looks like a trap. They are just waiting for someone to unknowingly mess up! Your intentions may be 100% lawful but one mistake and BAMM!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links