HK91 Questions for Owners - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 20 of 20
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: HK91 Questions for Owners

  1. #11
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 32,717
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rc51pete View Post
    Thank you for this list. Thais will help me out a lot comparing the colors. I was born in 78 so have really been looking for a HI but haven’t even seen one yet.
    When searching for a particular date, you will have to be patient!!!

    Tony

  2. #12
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Mar 2012
    Location : Mid Atlantic states
    Posts : 747
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    HK91 Questions for Owners-20200208_193120.jpg

    This is from a Malaysian 33 kit. Its not a serious issue unless you go rolling in a swamp and then put in your basement for the next few , the reality is that if abuse and neglect steel you will get an issue no matter what platform. When I go to the range, rain or shine I shoot. (You will commonly see rain drops on everything in my range pics that I post.) I use a towel to wipe down then do a full strip and clean. Never had a problem.

    If buying one do a full inspection. Look for wear around ejection port, mag well bottom, underside of bolt. There will be signs if used and abused. That malaysian bolt even though it has pitting will keep chuggingvrounds down range for years as is.

  3. #13
    Very Senior Member
    rc51pete's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Location : Tennessee
    Posts : 223
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    When searching for a particular date, you will have to be patient!!!

    Tony
    I’ve been searching for a while. I’m to the point now that if I find a fair deal I’ll get it & stay looking for a HI.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Senior Member
    Prez's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2010
    Location : NV
    Posts : 133
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Really can’t get a bad rifle with a genuine Hk91. They’re all practically identical.

    I like the blue/gray paint scheme. I think it looks appealing even when worn on a high round count gun. The finish will still develop fine scratches over time even with careful handling.

    My favorite stock is the A3 collapsible with the meat tenderizer pad. They’re uncomfortable to shoot very long but who cares.

    Tropical green wide forearm is my favorite. Also like the feel of slimline forearms.

    For accessories I put an elevation-only (white) 1200m sight on my Hk91, a Trijicon tritium front sight post (not the bead kind, but the vertical post that preserves the stock shape) with the two dot rear sight gizmo, a carrying handle, and an ejection port buffer which really doesn’t do very much. I have a bipod but don’t usually mount it unless we’re going to shoot from a bench all day. I use iron sights and never bought the Hk scope mount. I’ve passed on good prices for a correct Hensoldt telescope with mount in the original carrying case several times because I’m just disinterested. I use standard recoil buffers.
    [Hk91] [Hk MP5-N] [Hk45ct]

  6. #15
    Senior Member
    AKR*'s Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2019
    Location : MA
    Posts : 114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rc51pete View Post
    Is it the bolt head & carrier, the trigger pack internals, or the inside of the receiver that corrodes?
    Chamber face, chamber, chamber area and bolt head will get seriously corroded if put away wet.

    I am a big fan of the MSG90. I have a Terry Dyer built A1 gun with Urbach barrel on an HK receiver with factory parts done to correct specs complete with Hendsolt 10x. He had a post sample in the shop at the time for another build so it very close and it is a serious taco driver.
    Rollerlocks....

    *Locked out of my original AKR account...

  7. #16
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Posts : 11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Bump for a related HK91 question, I'm not super familiar. I've done some Google fu, but without some more definite terms I'm getting the whole internet every time.

    LGS has one that an estate is parting with, I handled it last week and I'm thinking about going back for it if it's worth it. It was a genuine made in Germany, HK- stamped HK91. I didn't catch the date code. The buttstock had a non-adjustable, attached riser as though the previous owner had a scope mounted, but no mount or scope was attached. The barrel profile appeared very heavy to me. It had no taper, no muzzle device, and no threads. Is this a post-ban item, or some kind of import compliance? The barrel itself was scratched up pretty good externally, but the internals appeared cleaned and cared for with no appearance of corrosion.


    I realize that this is not a lot of information to go on, but I am more of an AR guy, and the minutiae of various HK rifles is pretty new to me. Any help or insight about this particular model or details would be a great help, as well as some price guidance if one were to pursue a purchase. Thanks in advance.

  8. #17
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 32,717
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shouldbeworking View Post
    Bump for a related HK91 question, I'm not super familiar. I've done some Google fu, but without some more definite terms I'm getting the whole internet every time.

    LGS has one that an estate is parting with, I handled it last week and I'm thinking about going back for it if it's worth it. It was a genuine made in Germany, HK- stamped HK91. I didn't catch the date code. The buttstock had a non-adjustable, attached riser as though the previous owner had a scope mounted, but no mount or scope was attached. The barrel profile appeared very heavy to me. It had no taper, no muzzle device, and no threads. Is this a post-ban item, or some kind of import compliance? The barrel itself was scratched up pretty good externally, but the internals appeared cleaned and cared for with no appearance of corrosion.


    I realize that this is not a lot of information to go on, but I am more of an AR guy, and the minutiae of various HK rifles is pretty new to me. Any help or insight about this particular model or details would be a great help, as well as some price guidance if one were to pursue a purchase. Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like an HK911 ("1" added to "91" for import purposes), with threaded barrel and barrel sleeve!!!
    The serial number could be dispositive.

    Tony

  9. #18
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2020
    Posts : 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Hi,
    New to this site and glad to be here. Seems like a lot of excellent information to be had so here goes.....
    I recently purchased a HK SR9 pre manufactured 1994 in basically new condition. The weapon came with tons of extra parts including several trigger groups, several stocks, grips, carry handles springs and mags.
    Given all the extra trigger groups, including 3 2 position and 2 3 position and 2 psg-1 lowers (one missing the donut). What should I do? Keep it original, create a PSG-1 clone or something else?
    Thanks in advance for your opinions

  10. #19
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 32,717
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 97Bravo20 View Post
    Hi,
    New to this site and glad to be here. Seems like a lot of excellent information to be had so here goes.....
    I recently purchased a HK SR9 pre manufactured 1994 in basically new condition. The weapon came with tons of extra parts including several trigger groups, several stocks, grips, carry handles springs and mags.
    Given all the extra trigger groups, including 3 2 position and 2 3 position and 2 psg-1 lowers (one missing the donut). What should I do? Keep it original, create a PSG-1 clone or something else?
    Thanks in advance for your opinions
    Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the acquisition!!!
    Depending upon the parts, create an SR9T or SR9TC.

    Tony

  11. #20
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    har1340's Avatar
    Join Date : Jul 2003
    Location : CT
    Age : 56
    Posts : 1,080
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Yeah love the 91's. I bought mine several years ago NIB and it's almost ocean magic blue. Tons of C-3 stuff but this 91 will be one of the last to be sold...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •