Chipped and cracked mag well

Thread: Chipped and cracked mag well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Chipped and cracked mag well

Need help identifying if this is damage or poor work from the factory. This is on a factory HK firearm that I just purchased. I noticed the ruff edge along the upper mag well above the release and saw a hair line crack down from it. I do not have the eyes or the tools to see if such a fine crack goes all the way thru. I have never seen this on other HK's, CETME's or clones of any caliber in the roller locking rifles. Chipped and cracked mag well-img_20200324_115447591-1-.jpg

5.56 caliber for what thats worth.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is it a crack or a scrap?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

😞

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You need to upload a more clear picture. That's out of focus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a hair line crack down the middle but not very far.
    Sorry for the poor photo but that is the best I could get out of my camera and the camera on my phone :-(.
    It appears to me that the welding must have been done on a Friday at 4:59pm :-), as it looks like it was just a poor weld job.
    The concern is also over the obvious notch that can be seen in the center of the mag well. As this is not a major stress area do I even need to worry about it?
    Thanks for the replies.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

How did you get a 'factory' HK 33/93 gun with a paddle release? Is this a dealer sample, or has it been modified for that feature?

DG
    We all come here to drink from the fountain of madness.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conelrad View Post
    How did you get a 'factory' HK 33/93 gun with a paddle release? Is this a dealer sample, or has it been modified for that feature?

DG
    I could be completely missing it but it appears not to have a semi shelf, so I’d imagine it’s a sample or RR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes its a DS gun did not want to muddy the water with that, though I knew people here would pick that out eventually :-). As I was trying to find out if I should be worried about the notch and possible poor weld job not any NFA related issues. All my other HK/Clone products have never had this issue and are uniformly smooth across this area. Not being an expert gun plumber or welder, I guess that it looks like the notch was like the weld was to hot at that spot. As it looks similar to some of the not so great welding I have done on things that don't matter much :-).
    BTW if simply because the item is NFA, then I am in the wrong section of the forum, please let me know. If so my apologies as I am new getting back on here and will move it.

Sponsored Links