G36 sight
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By wetwrks
  • 1 Post By HibikiR

Thread: G36 sight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default G36 sight

Ok guys...some time back a local gun store was closing and clearing out pretty much everything. Didn't see a lot that I was interested in but then spotted a dual optic carry handle for a G36 tucked away back in a glass case. Asked about it. Was told it was HK made. Missing part of the mounting screws...had no box or papers. They said it was ordered as a replacement part but then wasn't needed after all. They had forgotten they even had it and in clearing things out they found it on a shelf in back. In the end I picked it up for $400.

While I don't own a G36 or even a clone (yes I know I need to change that) I wondered about adapting it to fit a standard AR rail system. At one point I spotted a photo of an AR with one of these on it. Looking closer it isn't just an install...things would have to be modified one way or another. Any thoughts or suggestions?

G36 sight-da450131-915f-4249-9773-a19640afcd14.jpegG36 sight-84930567-a557-434f-abf7-8508ff0f6090.jpeg
    GuntherRommel likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

I dont think it will go on a standard picatiny rail , They do have a smaller one that would be easier to modify but must be slid in from the end. Also that dual optic is worth a lot right now and I would keep it original.https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/1573800A
    G36 sight-1573800.jpg
    Last edited by GuntherRommel; 04-19-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Have a local machine shop design an adaptor.
    Picatinny on the bottom and compatible with dual optic on top.
    Would definitely raise optic up a good distance so may not be worth it.
    Whatever you do keep the optic original.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Even with an adaptor, that’s not going to work well on an AR, the front area will just hang out there. I’d either save it for a future rifle that it’s made for, or you could easily more than double your money, and buy a very nice optic designed for the AR.

Nice score!
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wetwrks View Post
    Ok guys...some time back a local gun store was closing and clearing out pretty much everything. Didn't see a lot that I was interested in but then spotted a dual optic carry handle for a G36 tucked away back in a glass case. Asked about it. Was told it was HK made. Missing part of the mounting screws...had no box or papers. They said it was ordered as a replacement part but then wasn't needed after all. They had forgotten they even had it and in clearing things out they found it on a shelf in back. In the end I picked it up for $400.

While I don't own a G36 or even a clone (yes I know I need to change that) I wondered about adapting it to fit a standard AR rail system. At one point I spotted a photo of an AR with one of these on it. Looking closer it isn't just an install...things would have to be modified one way or another. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DA450131-915F-4249-9773-A19640AFCD14.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	257494Click image for larger version. 

Name:	84930567-A557-434F-ABF7-8508FF0F6090.jpeg 
Views:	37 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	257496

Idk if it is airsoft or not but there is this. https://www.instagram.com/p/B_IFxZXg...d=gtuuz0yiruzv

Idk these work but they are labeled as airsoft. https://www.shapeways.com/product/4Y...li=marketplace

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just sell it and buy an ACOG. The Dual Optics are fetching $1000+ now days. You can easily buy a great AGOG optic and maybe still have some cash left over.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdyer View Post
    Just sell it and buy an ACOG. The Dual Optics are fetching $1000+ now days. You can easily buy a great AGOG optic and maybe still have some cash left over.
    This.

Unless you plan on picking up a T36E soon.

Post it and it will probably sell quick, especially if the optics are clear.

YMMV.
    "Amat victoria curam"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jdyer View Post
    I am one of the few...maybe the only one on the planet...who doesn't like ACOGs. I want to like them. I keep going back and looking at them. The ones I have looked at in the gs are blurry. The dots and such fuzzy. I don't see that in any other major point sight type system. If I am paying that much I want a crisp sight. Just not a fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just sell it.

If you like the reticle, the closest pic rail thing I could find would be a Hensoldt ZO optic. I think that's what the Germans are using now, except under the Zeiss brand name.

You might also like the Steiner brand of optics if you're not a fan of ACOGs.
    GuntherRommel likes this.

Sponsored Links