Torn between keeping or selling my SP5 and doing form 1, or launching it... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Torn between keeping or selling my SP5 and doing form 1, or launching it...

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psifer View Post
    The best combination of cheap and enjoyable, in my opinion, would be to SBR, A2 stock, and rear drum aperture sight. I'm playing the waiting game to acquire the KAC 30mm mount. In the meantime, I have really been enjoying shooting with just irons.
    Everyone talks about the ease of SBRng an SP5 but I wonder how many of you are following the 922r guidelines...def a lot of posters on here with an SBRd MP5, German mag in the well, HK forearm...but no obvious 6 domestic parts.

I have an SB tactical PDW brace on mine and is the most non-stamp way of appearing cool without the extra 400-1000 to SBR it. FWIW I have an HK A3 stock also but that’ll be for the second SP5.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Indreams84 View Post
    Everyone talks about the ease of SBRng an SP5 but I wonder how many of you are following the 922r guidelines...def a lot of posters on here with an SBRd MP5, German mag in the well, HK forearm...but no obvious 6 domestic parts.

I have an SB tactical PDW brace on mine and is the most non-stamp way of appearing cool without the extra 400-1000 to SBR it. FWIW I have an HK A3 stock also but that’ll be for the second SP5.
    I challenge you to find anyone in the ATF with the knowledge to enforce any 922r rules :)
    Indreams84 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

922r parts don’t have to be obvious. My Zenith SBR has a US made handguard, A2 stock, and charging handle that look indistinguishable from the factory HK parts unless you look very close. The rest of my parts are inside the lower (housing, trigger, hammer, and sear) and aren’t visible from the outside. Just because you can’t obviously see them in a picture, doesn’t mean that they aren’t there.
    Do you even HK, Bro?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Take the HK mags and install a US-made follower and floor plate, then swap out the trigger pack for a Zenith one. There is your 6 US made parts.
    Hk 416 | Hk MP5SD(Build in Progress) | Hk SP5 | Hk VP9

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Keep it and SBR with a POF A2 for $48. Maybe sometime A3's will come down from the stratosphere.

922r items I'm considering. Open to opinions on these:

Cocking handle 29.95
    Hammer 24.95
    Trigger 25.95
    Forearm 23.95
    Sear 25.95
    Trigger box 39.95
    Total 170.70

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psifer View Post
    Take the HK mags and install a US-made follower and floor plate, then swap out the trigger pack for a Zenith one. There is your 6 US made parts.
    If you’re using the SP5 lower, remember that the trigger pack needs to be an ambi pack, not SEF. The Zenith 922r packs, at least the one I’m familiar with, are SEF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Instead of spending all that money, why not grab yourself a POF A2 buttstock for $48 and use the diopter sights? The POF stock is arguably indistiguishable from the HK one.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/M...-POF-p2281.htm

You can always get an A3 stock later, eventually I'm sure production will increase and they'll be available for reasonable prices.

I have both and I never even use the A3 stock. It's cool, but it's not as comfortable and the gun looks great with the A2.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMike View Post
    My issue is im a long range shooter, so I generally only bring the SMGs out to shoot once in a while. I have a Kriss Vector SBR in 45 as well, also with one range trip... I love SMGs, but I just never play with them :(
    Long range is my favorite, too, but there's room in life for all kinds of shooting. Find yourself a steel challenge match nearby and shoot your SP5 in the PCCI (irons) division. You'll love it. Shoot a pistol too.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

You can save $300 if you get an alternative to Aimpoint T1. There are quite a few options out there at the $150 price point. I run a couple of primary arms red dots. The dots are not as sharp, but for the price they are great for any range condition. I have seen a few torture tests on youtube and they seem to hold up well.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Some members here may warn you about constructive possession for having that A3 stock, unless you have an HK/clone MP5 SBR already. I have not heard of anyone getting arrested for 922r non-compliance, but constructive possession yes. In any case, I don't think anyone has gone to jail over these charges.
    Last edited by vtducrider; 05-27-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links