Torn between keeping or selling my SP5 and doing form 1, or launching it...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Torn between keeping or selling my SP5 and doing form 1, or launching it...

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default Torn between keeping or selling my SP5 and doing form 1, or launching it...

I waited so long to get a SP5 to match my SP5K, and now looking at optics rail and collapsable stock prices, I really dont want to dump another $1,600 into this gun (including the tax stamp and Aimpoint T1). Anyone had any luck finding reasonably priced stocks of quality manufacturing, or are the days of sub $500 stocks and $200 optics rails gone? I just dont have any interest in it as a pistol, and dont want to run a cheap S&B or knock off setup. When I had my Zenith, I remember I paid $80 for a used A3 collapsable stock in perfect working order!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I put the ACR stock on mine which is really nice but it doesn't go well with my low-mount that co-witnesses. That was an expensive setup. I've shot almost 10k rounds with the A3, also expensive. Mine is the 4 position ATI version which I paid $300 or $350 about 7 or 8 years ago. I just started using the A2 and I'm digging it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think you'd only regret selling it later. I sold my USP Match a few years ago - I prolly shoulda kept it : (

The cool stuff only gets harder to get down the road.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

SBR the sucker, slap an A2 on there and go blasting with irons. I put an A3 on my SP5 and I way prefer shooting my Zeniths with A2s. The A3 looks cool but kinda sucks. My favorite stock is the woody.

Replace the rear site with a mount and an RMR pattern red dot you'll love it.

Don't sell the thing, you'll regret it.
    Spitfyr likes this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    SBR the sucker, slap an A2 on there and go blasting with irons. I put an A3 on my SP5 and I way prefer shooting my Zeniths with A2s. The A3 looks cool but kinda sucks. My favorite stock is the woody.

Replace the rear site with a mount and an RMR pattern red dot you'll love it.

Don't sell the thing, you'll regret it.
    I actually considered going old school with an A2 since its not like I shoot it in folded config, and I have a SBR SP5K folder, but they just look so perfect with the collapsable stock.
    tmbrwulf likes this.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SportoDeluxe View Post
    I think you'd only regret selling it later. I sold my USP Match a few years ago - I prolly shoulda kept it : (

The cool stuff only gets harder to get down the road.
    I regret selling my MR762 since they are unobtainable right now, but I actually shot that gun. Ive been to the range once with my SP5K, I have a surefire Tri lug can in jail, and thought the SP5 would be the trifecta, however I also see the $7,000 that would be back in my bank if I just sold all 3 of them :D I really only seem to shoot the same 3-4 guns, I just love collecting HKs, but at some point I wonder what the point of dumping all that money into safe weights is.
    HKPRO likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The best combination of cheap and enjoyable, in my opinion, would be to SBR, A2 stock, and rear drum aperture sight. I'm playing the waiting game to acquire the KAC 30mm mount. In the meantime, I have really been enjoying shooting with just irons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought the SP5 and immediately spent another $2k modding it to exactly as I've always wanted one. It stings, but "buy once, cry once" is how I handle the pain. 5 yrs from now, you'll want more magazines - unless you sell the gun. In that case, 5 yrs from now, you'll want the gun back.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psifer View Post
    The best combination of cheap and enjoyable, in my opinion, would be to SBR, A2 stock, and rear drum aperture sight. I'm playing the waiting game to acquire the KAC 30mm mount. In the meantime, I have really been enjoying shooting with just irons.
    My issue is im a long range shooter, so I generally only bring the SMGs out to shoot once in a while. I have a Kriss Vector SBR in 45 as well, also with one range trip... I love SMGs, but I just never play with them :(

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron713 View Post
    I bought the SP5 and immediately spent another $2k modding it to exactly as I've always wanted one. It stings, but "buy once, cry once" is how I handle the pain. 5 yrs from now, you'll want more magazines - unless you sell the gun. In that case, 5 yrs from now, you'll want the gun back.

I had actually regretted selling my Zenith that was setup "perfect", however it might have had 100 rounds through it when I sold it :D
    I mostly regret it because 2 months after I sold it, they shot up in value and I could have doubled what I sold it for!
    Aaron713 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links