InRange G36 test - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: InRange G36 test

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

What he's done is the same as taking a Bushmaster AR, testing it, and saying 'See, the test proves the Colt M4 is (whatever metric you were looking at).

I don't think he proved what he thinks he proved.
    GregAB and HK_433 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BarnOwlLover View Post
    I'd suggest watching Ian's Forgotten Weapons video instead (or read the last 5-6 pages of the HK433 thread) on how this whole debacle has gone.

Also, as posted above, sample size of one, same basic design. I do think that maybe the Tommy Built G36 replicas might be built to slightly higher standards vs the general issue G36s (IE, collectors' grade vs what a German GI--who before 2011 could also be a conscript--was normally expected to carry. I believe that Colt and FN do the same with their mil-spec M16s and M4s vs civvy AR-15s), but I believe that both solutions are sound and the whole G36 inaccuracy deal is largely politically motivated.

Though I'd also like to see a HK243 vs an actual G36, though that's not a 100% apples to apples comparison, either. HK243 has a shorter barrel (16.5 vs 18.9), and it seems also has the handguard that HK designed to allow for better cooling for the barrel and front trunnion. However, it's been proven that for at least combat accuracy, the G36, when used properly (ie, as an assault rifle vs a LMG), cuts the muster and actually does sometimes a lot better than other rifles of it's class.
    I will be getting an Hk243 next year (hopefully). When I have it I will be doing and accuracy test with that same procedure as Karl did maybe even do an extra test and dump 120 rounds though it. Also going to compare it to an SL8 and Ar15 and see how they stack up.
    Perkele

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Has anyone here ever get to handle both the German mil G36 vs the "Export" version of the G36? I have read somewhere that the G36 supplied to the German mil is quiet old and outdated (way back in the 90s) vs the "Export" variant that is much more modernized with better materials, rails and barrel thickness?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

There was someone who was posting fairly frequently (mostly in the HK433 thread) who is a Col. in the German Army reserves and has used both the G3 and G36. I haven't heard from him in a few days, but I'd think he'd have some thoughts on this subject if he gets back online soon.
    HK_433 likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I don’t believe any G36 has a different barrel thickness, with the exception of the limited production MG36 heavy barrels.
    Not sure on receivers, but I do know there have been some subtle changes over the years, which one should expect with anything. I do not know if the material composition has changed though.
    Any real test would have only used HKs, and would have a larger sample size. In the US, one would need to have access to post sample G36s, and money.
    flybynt and HK_433 like this.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This vid makes me want a g36 something fierce.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweersa View Post
    Any real test would have only used HKs, and would have a larger sample size. In the US, one would need to have access to post sample G36s, and money.
    That's a fact.
    sweersa and HK_433 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personally, my ideal test would involved multiple 100% HK factory-fresh most recently produced G36 "Export" variant with the HKey handguard and quality optic vs multiple G36 use by the German mil (with the same HKey handguard and optic set up)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links