What happened to HK91 rifles on GB ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What happened to HK91 rifles on GB ?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default What happened to HK91 rifles on GB ?

Occasionally I like surfing around over on GB just seeing what HK91 are going for. What a shock today. There’s just a few and they are looking for high dollar. Only a few months ago I’d look and there would be 10 or 12 nice newish ones with no bids or bids in the low $2000s. I guess when people want a reliable battle rifle, the olde 91 is still high on the list.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barrington View Post
    Occasionally I like surfing around over on GB just seeing what HK91 are going for. What a shock today. There’s just a few and they are looking for high dollar. Only a few months ago I’d look and there would be 10 or 12 nice newish ones with no bids or bids in the low $2000s. I guess when people want a reliable battle rifle, the olde 91 is still high on the list.
    Addressing the title:
    Perhaps you have heard of the Chinese biological attack on the world?

Or the communist uprising in the U.S. disguised as race riots?

Once all the cheap AR-15s disappeared and the cheap AKs disappeared and the Ruger Mini 14s and Mini 30s got sold out along with the somewhat expensive AR-15s disappeared and the moderate and expensive .308 Winchester ARs disappeared and the cheap PTR-91s disappeared then people started grabbing guns above $2K as well. (I mean when all that you find in a rather extensive net search is 5.56 ARs in the $1500 plus range without sights and with sights mostly sold out why not step up to a proven .308 battle rifle?)

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

OP, another reason they're hard to find is that those who own them "grandfathered" in restrictive states are holding on to them as we'll never be able to bring HK 91's back in state. $3-4 grand for mine---not a chance!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Supply demand too, I think people are buying hem and mostly keeping them. Remember the guns stopped being imported a few decades ago. Same think happened to factory Galil imports. The panic can’t help with already scare old guns.
    Rollerlocks....

*Locked out of my original AKR account...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Politicians are putting a higher demand on self determination these days.

Slav
    Ballistics Engineer

Disciple of Edward Stecke, Polish godfather of the MG42 and all things roller. Swiss Patent CH176978A, 1934. State Armament Factories, Warsaw.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roller Slav View Post
    Politicians are putting a higher demand on self determination these days.

Slav
    A truer statement has never been made!!!

Tony
    Roller Slav likes this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello fellas,

Well, there has been a significant number of guns purchased by first time owners. Don't think they are buying all the medium and higher end stuff but we are seeing more and more guns at protests. Haven't seen an HK out there yet. Everything is bought up at the shops. I'm waiting to see the sunset on all this crazy stuff.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

barrington:

Just saw an small article somewhere that the FBI background checks for the last three months were 3.7 million 3.9 million and 3.6 million respectively. With that may
    weapons being purchased its not hard to believe that guns store weapons inventories are down a lot including HK's and people are now turning to the weapon auction sites
    their neighbors and friends to find a weapon to purchase.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    barrington:

Just saw an small article somewhere that the FBI background checks for the last three months were 3.7 million 3.9 million and 3.6 million respectively. With that may
    weapons being purchased its not hard to believe that guns store weapons inventories are down a lot including HK's and people are now turning to the weapon auction sites
    their neighbors and friends to find a weapon to purchase.
    Pretty amazing in a way when you consider that when all this crap started back in mid March EVERYTHING at most local shops sold out.
    I've only been by a gunshop two or three times since then and part of that was because I had picked up something right before the panic and my waiting period was up. Every time I have been by the shops however they have been pretty much stripped. One friend who works at one told me a month in that he had never seen it so busy and they were selling anything they could get in stock.

I've had no less than 3 friends ask me where to pick up either a 'cheap' AR or an AR upper.
    Parts and guns that were overstocked around 4 months ago are at zero stock or at best in very short supply now.
    Manufacturers who are still working are playing catch up once again.

BUT,
    Several manufacturers of ARs and AR parts had cut down or stopped production before all this happened. Remington shuttered DPMS, Bushmaster and Tapco before the U.S. hit panic. Colt had put production of ARs on hiatus and although they claimed to be ready to start back up during SHOT show it's unlikely they got product to shelves. Many manufactures were closed when state governments locked down. Even if a manufacturer was open for business and working their suppliers might not be and even if the suppliers were working demand for their products went way up.

Same issues in many cases with the distributors.

Then there's transportation considerations. Some areas you might be unable to get off the highway and get gas. I don't know but I'm assuming if cars couldn't get off the highway to get gas then the same roadblocks that were being reported would prohibit truckers from getting off for fuel as well.

The LA sheriff and LA health dept tried to shut down gunshops several times. They were not alone in trying to shut down firearm related businesses.

It's pretty amazing you've gotten something like 11 million transfers on top of all that.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tmbrwulf View Post
    Hello fellas,

Well, there has been a significant number of guns purchased by first time owners. Don't think they are buying all the medium and higher end stuff but we are seeing more and more guns at protests. Haven't seen an HK out there yet. Everything is bought up at the shops. I'm waiting to see the sunset on all this crazy stuff.
    Gangstas like TEC-9's--- wait--- wrong decade!!!

Tony
    tmbrwulf likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links