G3 Identification
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: G3 Identification

  1. #1
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2020
    Posts : 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default G3 Identification

    So I have this G3 for a couple of years now and I've never been able to figure out what its origin is. Most people think its a POF produced version but I can't find any markings
    other then shown on the photo and these do not comply with markings I've seen on POF G3's. If any of you guys have any idea, please let me know :)

    G3 Identification-ypf.png

  2. #2
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Mar 2012
    Location : Mid Atlantic states
    Posts : 874
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Anything on other side of magwell?
    Or along the spine of the reciever.

    Also pull the bolt carrier, check top of bolt, top sides and rear of carrier.

  3. #3
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 34,319
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desklight View Post
    So I have this G3 for a couple of years now and I've never been able to figure out what its origin is. Most people think its a POF produced version but I can't find any markings
    other then shown on the photo and these do not comply with markings I've seen on POF G3's. If any of you guys have any idea, please let me know :)

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ypf.PNG 
Views:	48 
Size:	832.8 KB 
ID:	269318
    Welcome to the site!!!
    There was a Dutch armorer (Maarsen, Netherlands) with those initials, which I have seen on other items (e.g., scopes).
    However, that SN is not one that I have ever seen.

    Tony

    Quote Originally Posted by gulfstategaurd View Post
    Anything on other side of magwell?
    Or along the spine of the reciever.

    Also pull the bolt carrier, check top of bolt, top sides and rear of carrier.
    I would be curious as to the markings on the bolt carrier, bolt head, locking piece, and barrel, as well!!!

    Tony

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

    Join Date : Mar 2012
    Location : Mid Atlantic states
    Posts : 874
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Fyi- Barrel markings are typically found just forward of the trunnion, typically in first 3 inches forward of trunnion, be sure to look in good light, paint/finish can sometimes partly fill the markings, also look between the cocking tube and barrel as they are stamped BEFORE installation in the trunnion so sometimes thestampings can wind up on the top side of barrel and not initially obvious unless you actually look between.

  6. #5
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Aug 2020
    Posts : 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome to the site!!!
    There was a Dutch armorer (Maarsen, Netherlands) with those initials, which I have seen on other items (e.g., scopes).
    However, that SN is not one that I have ever seen.

    Tony



    I would be curious as to the markings on the bolt carrier, bolt head, locking piece, and barrel, as well!!!

    Tony
    Well after doing some research, I've figured out that the JFY are the initials of an armorer/gunsmith that was based in the Netherlands. He lost his license after some shady business with buying and selling P90's that were converted from select fire to semi only. Which were converted back to select fire by some notorious robbers in France and used in multiple high profile heists. However any further info on the G3 imports are non-existing. I made pictures of the parts you guys requested and the only things I could find, are the numbers 746 on all the bolt parts and a letter K on the barrel.

    G3 Identification-k.pngG3 Identification-left.pngG3 Identification-right.pngG3 Identification-whatsapp-image-2020-08-06-18.11.40-1-.jpegG3 Identification-whatsapp-image-2020-08-06-18.11.40-3-.jpegG3 Identification-whatsapp-image-2020-08-06-18.11.40-4-.jpeg

    If you need pictures from different parts, let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G3 Identification-whatsapp-image-2020-08-06-18.11.40-2-.jpeg   G3 Identification-whatsapp-image-2020-08-06-18.11.40-5-.jpeg   G3 Identification-whatsapp-image-2020-08-06-18.11.40-6-.jpeg  
    Last edited by Desklight; 08-06-2020 at 04:56 PM.

  7. #6
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 34,319
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Desklight View Post
    Well after doing some research, I've figured out that the JFY are the initials of an armorer/gunsmith that was based in the Netherlands. He lost his license after some shady business with buying and selling P90's that were converted from select fire to semi only. Which were converted back to select fire by some notorious robbers in France and used in multiple high profile heists. However any further info on the G3 imports are non-existing. I made pictures of the parts you guys requested and the only things I could find, are the numbers 746 on all the bolt parts and a letter K on the barrel.

    If you need pictures from different parts, let me know.
    Thanks--- need pictures of the markings on the top of the bolt carrier and on top of the bolt head to try to narrow down the country of origin!!!

    Tony

  8. #7
    Very Senior Member
    mg42's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2000
    Location : Norway
    Posts : 221
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

    Default

    It might actually be Iranian. I remember another Dutch guy from a few years ago that had a G3 that he somehow managed to trace the serial number of, that apparently came out of Iran. He sent me some pics, which is attached to this post. The font of the serial number appears to be the same or very similar. It would also be plausible that anything coming from that part of the world would be without any mfg. markings, but it would be really difficult to give any definite answer without any mfg. markings. This is hearsay, so take it with a grain of salt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G3 Identification-dsc05427.jpg   G3 Identification-dsc05433.jpg   G3 Identification-dsc05429.jpg   G3 Identification-dsc05430.jpg  

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •