Is there a way to attach light to MP5k PDW - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Is there a way to attach light to MP5k PDW

Banned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just an observation, FWIW: using a weapon-mounted light is an acquired skill. You do NOT simply turn it on and run around the house with a blinding white light. The rule I've picked up is, "Light down, eyes up" when you think you have a target to acquire. That is, you only turn it on momentarily to acquire a target, keep it pointed down and let the splash illuminate the room briefly, then get it on target and engage. You can't run around with it on with the weapon in firing position, for you will wipe out your own vision, reduce peripheral vision, give the bad guy a great target to shoot at (your head!), etc. If you get a chance to take some classes on fighting with a weapon light on your rifle or pistol, it is...ready for it...and "eye opening" experience. Cheers! :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Austin1776 View Post
    Just an observation, FWIW: using a weapon-mounted light is an acquired skill. You do NOT simply turn it on and run around the house with a blinding white light. The rule I've picked up is, "Light down, eyes up" when you think you have a target to acquire. That is, you only turn it on momentarily to acquire a target, keep it pointed down and let the splash illuminate the room briefly, then get it on target and engage. You can't run around with it on with the weapon in firing position, for you will wipe out your own vision, reduce peripheral vision, give the bad guy a great target to shoot at (your head!), etc. If you get a chance to take some classes on fighting with a weapon light on your rifle or pistol, it is...ready for it...and "eye opening" experience. Cheers! :)
    Thats the way i learned it as well. Interestingly though, i took a low light class from Chase at Talon Defense, he is an experienced SWAT cop. He said often times they left the lights on to aid with movement inside cluttered houses. Often only long enough to find the light switch. He showed both ways and said situation will dictate. Made sense to me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Sponsored Links