Does anyone else get the feeling that NFA pricing is becoming "erratic"?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else get the feeling that NFA pricing is becoming "erratic"?

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Does anyone else get the feeling that NFA pricing is becoming "erratic"?

Besides Pro, I spend a fair amount of time on Sturm and lately the HK NFA for sale ads have been what I would consider pretty high for transferables. I mean basically speaking, we know that the sear goes for $12.5k and the hosts vary from $3k - 7k (generally speaking) so anything over $20k for a transferable HK was rarely seen unless it was exotic. Now we see ads from mid $20k to close to $30K. And the sellers are actually stating that they have sold. Don't even talk about all the WTB ads for sears, boxs, and RDIAS's. What's happening? Are the rich and famous getting into our hobby? Are speculators jumping in pre-election?

It just seems like over the last couple of months the NFA premier items (HK sears and M16/RDIAS) seem to be having heavy activity. AC556's, MAC's, and other stuff appear to be unchanged. What's going on?
    Semper Fi!
    91A2/93A2 & Gemtech Predator/94A3 (RDTS MP5SD)/94A3 (IGF MP5) & Gemtech Raptor/SP5K/SP89/SP89 (IGF MP5K-N) & Gemtech MK-9K
    270/300/770/USC (Grey) & AAC Ti-Rant/SL8-1 (Grey)
    USP40/VP70Z/P7K3/P7M8/P7M13/HK4(H&R Comm)
    Coharie CA89K .40 S&W/Vector V51(PTR)/Vector V53/Vector V89 .40 S&W & Gemtech Raptor-40/Vector V93/Vector V93(thinking about a 33K:)/PCS 51K .22lr
    MP5/HK33/HK93/G3/HK91/V51 .22 Conversion Kit(s)
    Fleming Sear in 4 position 3 round burst pack

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

do we know if they are actually selling at those prices? Or are people just trying to dip a line in the pond for a fresh-fish at a high price?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

jdonovan

I emaied the seller of the the two Urbach push pin MP5's in 40 S&W and 10mm advertised Saturday for 27K and 30K respectively for those who haven't seen the ad. In his response among other things he told me that the 10mm one was already sold pending transfer of funds. So the weapon was sold very quickly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Requiescat in Pace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For some people the money is flowing again and they are shopping, for other they are trying to take a profit on items purchase during a slump.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    he told me that the 10mm one was already sold pending transfer of funds. So the weapon was sold very quickly.
    The 10mm is an exotic bird and will command a high price.

What I want to know are the 20k MP5's and the 10k SD's really selling at those prices.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

jdonovan

I just checked the add and a Hk MP5k-PDW he had just posted for sale at $24k is sold according to a followup post to the ad.
    I don't think PDW's have been selling that high.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

jdonovan

I just checked the add and a Hk MP5k-PDW he had just posted for sale at $24k is sold according to a followup post to the ad.
    I saw that as well, and do find it hard to believe and that was the reason for this post. Not to mention the individual that has a WTB for a Fleming or Qualified sear AND a RDIAS! And I'm sure there are folks that are fishing ($20K JCB RDIAS) but it sure seems like some are selling. I just think it's an unusual flurry of HK WTS/WTB ads and I can't help but wonder why now.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

viriceman

In his email he mentioned that he was getting a lot of responses to his ad. Perhaps, he put the sold info out to cut down on the number of emails he is having to read and respond to.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Supply and demand......

As pricing continues to rise some react by selling, and right now more are holding on to what they have.
    In the meantime I have another reason why I will not sell my sear.............fear I may not be able to get back into one if I sell it.

RMA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

jdonovan

I caught that ad yesterday afternoon as well. Crazy if it had sold that quickly, I am glad I purchased mine when I had the chance for WAY under that price not even 7-8 weeks back.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links