LOL, my thought exactly.Totally. So, I could be at the range and the officer inspects my ambi pack and says, "Well well, what do we have here? Son, this looks like a LaFrance pack, and I know for a fact that all 138 registered LaFrance packs used unmarked, non-serialized sears. I know this because I was a range officer in Hollywood and was held accountable for all things transferable. An unmarked, non-searlized sear best be in there or else." Rest assured, I have zero doubts that any and all future range officers will only find unmarked, non-serialized sears within my LS packs. Now if someone wants to swap in a marked and serialized sear into their pack, that's their prerogative.
Regarding LS packs, its fascinating yet not surprising that we're seeing support from the LS pack owners and dissent from the DLO pack owners.
Undecided on which gunsmith I'll be using, have months to decide since I won't be submitting the form 4s until the 1st week of July. Going to let plenty of time pass to let the form 3s resolve and then file all the form 4s in one batch for these 2016 NFA stamps.
Known gunsmith options for the SEF to Ambi mod:
- Lowest price, go with TPM, they charge $350.
- If you want 2nd best price, Michael's Machines $500.
- TSC Machine for $2,500.
- Despite tons of references for DLO to SEF to ambi moded packs by RDTS, Ralph says he's never done this mod personally, they were all outsourced to Don Quinnell, Fort Myers, FL.
- Dakota Tactical is no longer offering this mod service.
- Perhaps the most appropriate would be Tim LaFrance for LS pack mods.
- Then there's the legendary Terry Dyer. He's backed up 3 years, cost is unknown, so that's probably who I'll be using.