HK94 to MP5-N Conversion Questions - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HK94 to MP5-N Conversion Questions

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    I am contemplating same conversion by MIke @ TSC as well.. Still Debating.. Going to start looking for parts and see where I am at.
    Mike and Tammy at TSC have been great to work with so far. He is a total pro and perfectionist.

Banned

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpies View Post
    Mike and Tammy at TSC have been great to work with so far. He is a total pro and perfectionist.
    +1 for sure on this - a true asset to the HK community.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Well worth the wait for the finished product that you will receive!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Jumpies...I just got notice that HKparts has FA MP5 RCM carriers back in stock.
    $180.
    Boom. Easy fix. Buy one. Plug n play. Done.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    Jumpies...I just got notice that HKparts has FA MP5 RCM carriers back in stock.
    $180.
    Boom. Easy fix. Buy one. Plug n play. Done.
    rhouston8 - thank you. I will take a look!

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Other members pushed me their way and from what I have heard from others, I won't be disappointed..

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I read this whole thread and think our OP did everything right so far. I think I remember a thread some time ago where you said you were going to go this route.

One thing Mike can do that he may not have mentioned is either the vintage 'Hk' engraving or the newer outlined engraving if you remark the top rib. Mike likes to use the appropriate factory style depending on the gun's Hk date code. You may want to confirm which one he'll do if he hasn't already chosen for you.

Mike did my MP5-N conversion. Its almost too nice to shoot.
    [Hk91] [Hk MP5-N] [Hk45ct]

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    I read this whole thread and think our OP did everything right so far. I think I remember a thread some time ago where you said you were going to go this route.

One thing Mike can do that he may not have mentioned is either the vintage 'Hk' engraving or the newer outlined engraving if you remark the top rib. Mike likes to use the appropriate factory style depending on the gun's Hk date code. You may want to confirm which one he'll do if he hasn't already chosen for you.

Mike did my MP5-N conversion. Its almost too nice to shoot.
    @Prez , thanks for your thoughts. Funny you bring the stamping up as I am still undecided on what to do. I have a 4-digit (43 _ _ ) serial number 94 being used as the donor rifle for the conversion, so I would guess the community would say I should use the 'classic' stamping for the HK logo. What I really WANT to do is have Mike stamp it with the 'outlined' HK logo because I really like the look of it and it is different that what the norm is.

This piece is not something I would ever imagine selling, but one always has to think "what if?", right? So, the $million dollar$ question remains... from a collectibility and resale value standpoint - am I hurting myself if I go with the newer stamping based on the classic nature of the item? Or, could the newer stamping make it different in a good way and give it that 'cool' factor?

I think I know the answer to be that each collector and buyer is different - some may love it and some may hate it. That said, I would be interested in hearing everyone's opinion as this is the last BIG decision I have to make on the build.

Thanks all!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'd just let Mike go with the style that most closely matches the date code on your gun. It's up to you.

I don't think either marking style would harm the appraised value of a properly converted Hk94-to-MP5 build. If you don't deviate from factory specs, I really don't think much of anything does. After another thread some months ago asked the question of what sort of modification/conversion to an Hk factory semi-auto could irreparably harm its value, I am still at a loss to come up with very many examples that withstand scrutiny. At least as far as what the market seems to show. For instance, I don't think you can harm the cash value of a plain Jane Hk-93 by properly converting it to an Hk-33 with a genuine parts kit -- snap ring, mag release, etc. Also, if you have a master Hk smith convert it to an Hk-23 belt fed using proper parts (and good hunting to anyone desiring that) I doubt that would lessen its value in the long run.

The things that harm genuine Hk receiver conversion's value (for auction/resale) are things like constructing an MP5-SD using a domestic USA-made simulated "SD" parts kit and various minor converted MP5 parts rather than having it properly constructed using a genuine factory SD parts kit from a demilitarized Hk MP5-SD. That's major surgery and cutting corners on an expensive SD conversion is a lousy idea. That's a conversion you'd want to have done dead nuts correct by one of maybe two guys currently in the NFA business who do it right. I also wouldn't think constructing an "Hk-51" from a vintage 1960s Golden West G3/Hk-41 is a particularly bright idea.

I'll leave you with this: since my MP5 isn't leaving my hands it's appraised estimated value is zero dollars. It's presently worthless as long as I live and breathe. Has no value to anyone but me.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

@Prez , great examples and ideas.

Your perspective is very similar to mine. Even though I think Mike would probably lean toward the classic HK stamping, I am leaning more toward the side of the newer style HK stamping. It is what I want and I don't think it moves the needle that much either way on value at the end of the day.

Thanks again for sharing your perspective.
    Last edited by Jumpies; 02-14-2016 at 02:07 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links