How to ID Hk registered receiver
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to ID Hk registered receiver

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How to ID Hk registered receiver

Found a MP5K 9mm. Dealer says it is a factory HK MP5 with registered receiver. Sear is not registered part. It is a double push pin.

How do you ID it besides the push pins? It's going to be close to 40 after taxes, yikes!

Thanks.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinmax82 View Post
    Found a MP5K 9mm. Dealer says it is a factory HK MP5 with registered receiver. Sear is not registered part. It is a double push pin.

How do you ID it besides the push pins? It's going to be close to 40 after taxes, yikes!

Thanks.
    None of this makes any sense, is it an mp5k or an mp5? If it's a factory mp5 then it is not legal for civilian ownership. If it was an hk94 converted to mp5 and is a registered receiver than 40k is ridiculous. If it was a factory sp89 converted to an mp5k and is a registered reciever than 40k is ridiculous. The push pins will not help you identify. The paper work will tell you what you need to know and/or pictures of said gun with the serial number and date code being important along with full side view shots with trigger group removed.
    Spent most of my tax return on Hk parts, booze and ammo....the rest I just wasted

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I agree with @Anopstyx 40K is VERY high. I just bought a registered DLO trigger pack in a HK91 for quite a bit less. It gives me the flexibility to move it between host guns so I have access to multiple calibers. A registered receiver gun doesnt give that flexibility so I wouldn't come close to paying the same as what I paid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

RMA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't ever recall seeing a PP converted SP89/K gun, I would pass on that price. You can pick up a reg sear gun for $30k plus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's marked as an mp5k.

I thought registered receivers were worth more because they are pretty rare. Also it seems easier to buy any factory part that breaks.

So is it just mp5 or are there no mp5k available for civilian ownership?

So what about the paperwork, side view shots with trigger group removed and serial number will tell me what it is?

RMA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

RR PP guns typically went for more $$ but as of the past several years or so reg sear guns are more in demand due to their versatility. There are no real HK transferrable mp5 variants out there excluding a few Amnesty reg guns but I have never seen one. And I am sure if one ever popped up for sale it would be in the 6 figure asking price. On the Form 4 it would list in box 4a who the builder is & in the box right next to it would ask type of firearm wether its a MG sear for example. If the serial # on the form matches the upper receiver of the gun then its a reg receiver gun wether its a clip on style or the upgraded PP style.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dinmax82 View Post
    It's marked as an mp5k.

I thought registered receivers were worth more because they are pretty rare. Also it seems easier to buy any factory part that breaks.

So is it just mp5 or are there no mp5k available for civilian ownership?

So what about the paperwork, side view shots with trigger group removed and serial number will tell me what it is?
    There are also no true mp5k available for civilian ownership. When I say mp5 or mp5k that is a factory hk machine gun. Hk94 and hk sp89 have been converted legally to machine guns. Some push pin conversion do command a premium depending on builder and authenticity. But it's difficult to find a buyer for it for the reasons mentioned above. The serial number and date code will tell if it is a semi hk94 or sp89 or of it is a factory hk machine gun. There have been a few instances where someone bought an hk mp5 that had a single shot trigger group installed that was totally unknowing from an ignorant scource and it turned out to be a factory hk machine gun with a semi auto trigger group.... Completely illegal obviously.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So if the Form 4 mentions only HK and no other builders like Fleming or store name then it is an original that is either illegal or got in under amnesty?

There is no transferable sear. So you guys think it was an Hk94 converted over. But when that happens the builder's should show up on paperwork.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Remember the only transferable imported machine guns had to come in before 1968. That's 1968, due to the Gun Control Act of 1968.

The first MP5ks were designed in 1974.

There's hardly any transferable factory MP5 MGs for that reason. They're extremely rare.

Those MGs imported after 1968 through 1986 could be sold between dealers without a LE letter called "pre-May dealer samples" and retained by the dealer after he drops his license are rare and expensive. I don't know what happens to the guns in death. I suppose it's possible for one to slip through the cracks, but I doubt it.

Dealer samples of any mg made or imported after 1986 are called post dealer samples and need a LE letter and can not be owned by any civilian, even a dealer who drops his license.

There are double pushpin registered receiver conversions of the semi autos made before 1986. (But no SP89 came in before 1989.)

Ballistics was to one to get.

Any MP5k double pushpin gun is almost certainly going to be a conversion of some sort.

Sadly the paperwork may be messed up.

Post the serial number. That will help confirm what it is. Look at the barrel. Look at the receiver. Let us know the date codes. There may be 2 letters like ID or KD.

Something imported in 1968 will not have date codes. It would have numbers like 4/68.

I doubt this left the factory as an MP5k. It's remotely possible to have been a factory MP5.

But even then, this would have had major surgery to cut it down, front and rear. Then it's not original anyway.

There were no K models when the last amnesty was done, back in the 60s, I believe.
    HK Urbach MP5K-N with SWR QD3K
    Fleming Registered Sear
    Dakota Tactical D54P pistol
    HK USP Tactical w/ Gemtech SOS 45 (ret), Silencerco Osprey 45
    Michael's Machines MM23E
    HK VP9
    Powershot P5 Pistol
    HK SP5K
    Black USC Carbine

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It may be a pre-86 dealer sample gun that is improperly papered

Or it could be a double push pin converted HK94 which was cut down into SP89 size (rare, but they exist). That would be worth 30-40K, IMHO, if the work was done correctly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links