Finally got my Fleming Sear: quick range trip report.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally got my Fleming Sear: quick range trip report.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Default Finally got my Fleming Sear: quick range trip report.

I finally got the word that my stamp came back on my Fleming sear yesterday, so I trucked on down to about 90 minutes south to meet the seller and pick up the stamp and sear. I then raced back home, gathered up some hosts, loaded some mags, and made it to my local range with about 50 minutes until they closed.

I brought my Coharie CA94 SBR, Century C93P SBR (HK53 clone on Malaysian kit), PTR 91 GI, and my PTR 32. Both the Coharie was sporting an RCM full auto bolt. The PTR32 had a PTR full auto bolt. The C93P had the original full auto bolt. The PTR91 was equipped with a UB training bolt and DAG training ammo.

PTR 91
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncbKtqcFO3Q

CA94
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTDvOjCokPE

Forgive the weird angles, I was at the range by myself and didn't have a selfie-stick handy.

The CA94 MP5 ran like a champ, as did the PTR91 with training ammo.

The HK53 SBR was jamming at least once or twice per mag, generally failing to fully eject the spent case, stove piping and in one bad case, getting the empty stuck above the bolt head. Might be the ammo as I'm pretty sure it ran last time I ran the gun full auto, when I had access to a post-sample trigger group. At the time I had been shooting Tula steel cased 55gr ammo. Today, I was shooting some LAX brass case 55gr reloads.

The PTR32 (7.62x39) ran fine semi-auto, but became single shot in full (hammer wouldn't recock, but would eject case and load next round). I'm not sure exactly what was happening. I'll have to investigate some more and see what I'm missing.
    Last edited by Beowulf; 02-24-2016 at 05:23 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Awesome! Getting your new sear home is such a great feeling lol. Glad the two run great. More than likely ammo for the 53. My 32 does the same thing and I really never have tried to investigate what's up. I'll stand by and see what you find. Congrats!
    Spent most of my tax return on Hk parts, booze and ammo....the rest I just wasted

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beowulf: Congrats! Re your PTR 32: there are threads reporting this problem if you were using their LP. The HK #15 LP works 100% in my PTR 32K. One other issue is apparently a weak locking lever spring PTR used in their FA carriers. I run a G3 carrier.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

KOK
    HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

congrats on the toy. how long did it take for the stamp to arrive?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Congrats on the fun switch...........your not the first to have problems with the PTR lots of threads on this No consensus yet on problem I finally gave up on mine and sold it as the buyer had no interest in FA it ran fine in semi....good luck let us know if you figure it out........(one thing I was told was I needed a carrier w/tungsten) I tried an HK, and a Rhinemetall neither helped but never tried the tungsten)
    Last edited by caf82313; 02-24-2016 at 02:30 PM.
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Congrats @Beowulf . I'm jealous of your collection of hosts haha. By the time I get my transfer stamp approved, I should have the purchase paid off, but i'll only have the HK91 that it's coming in. Eventually I'll fill the other half of my safe with HK (and/or clones). as @KOK asked though, I'm also curious to know how long your form 4 took?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Paper work was sent on Oct 1st and was approved on Feb 8th. So a shade over 4 months (which seemed like forever).

I'll look into the locking piece and see if that fixes it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

That's great to hear! Too bad I'm still waiting on the form 3 to ship it to my local dealer before I can even submit my form 4.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Paper work was sent on Oct 1st and was approved on Feb 8th. So a shade over 4 months (which seemed like forever).

I'll look into the locking piece and see if that fixes it.
    Congratulations!!! 4 months is outstanding!!! I'm 5 going on 6 months.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

KOK
    HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The other member got his back last week also after 4 months. Looks like the F1 go down from 4 to 3 months and F4 from 6 to 4 lately. Those submitted after December will see an increase of waiting time though with the 41F panic buys after the announcement.
    Poor nerdbrain, I don't envy you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links