Beta CMAG or X91 drumx2 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beta CMAG or X91 drumx2

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Before you guys make an X-Products buy you just may want to read what the company owner, James Malarkey, says about magazine licensing:

Gun sales drive demand for high capacity magazines - Feb. 24, 2016

"Malarkey realizes that not everyone associates the gun drums with good times. He admits that the general public might rest easier if government agencies develop a licensing system to make sure the owners are law abiding people.
    "Instead of outright banning it, allow people to have some kind of licensing," he said. "I think it would weed out a lot of crime."

The guy might get Zumboed over his statement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Beta is gold.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

To me it is about trigger time. The Beta C has twice the capacity. So I can hold down the trigger twice as long with a Beta C. That is why I own 10 beta C mags in various calibers. The plastic feed towers do wear over time. I keep a couple of spare towers in stock. I have found the LULA loader is much easier on the plastic feed lips than using a stripper clip type loader. If you drop a loaded .308 drum onto concrete, there will be damage. With the G3 mags so cheap, why not weld three of them together? I bet you could get 50 rounds of capacity for a lot less than $200. YMMV.

Scott

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@edman99 Lawd, I was already pissed at xproducts for teasing me and then not releasing the mp5 drum. Malarkey indeed!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by scottinthegrove View Post
    To me it is about trigger time. The Beta C has twice the capacity. So I can hold down the trigger twice as long with a Beta C. That is why I own 10 beta C mags in various calibers. The plastic feed towers do wear over time. I keep a couple of spare towers in stock. I have found the LULA loader is much easier on the plastic feed lips than using a stripper clip type loader. If you drop a loaded .308 drum onto concrete, there will be damage. With the G3 mags so cheap, why not weld three of them together? I bet you could get 50 rounds of capacity for a lot less than $200. YMMV.

Scott
    +1 This

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prdubi View Post
    Beta is gold.
    To me it is about trigger time. The Beta C has twice the capacity.
    Anyone know what drum/mag he was using? Source: Colorado shooter's rifle jammed during rampage - CNN.com My guess would be some form of Beta maybe a Korean knock off or maybe the Surefire.....idk....I tried several of the Surefires and couldnt get them to run very reliable especially in FA......YMMV
    Last edited by caf82313; 02-26-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

talk to surefire and they'll fix it. 3nd Gen and 3rd run better.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I have 2 X products drums and several betas. I shoot them thru my various hk 308s including my MM11k. The X products drum is the better out of the two in my opinion. More reliable. Seems better made to me and I like handling it more than the beta. I never even shoot the beta anymore actually.

Supporting Vendor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

T. With the G3 mags so cheap, why not weld three of them together? I bet you could get 50 rounds of capacity for a lot less than $200. YMMV.

Scott
    Because you end up with a midget monopod with that long mag. It would impeded the use of the bipod, no?
    Lastly I have several frankenmags of the hk308 variety along with some of the South African? double capacity HK mags that look real nice but dont run reliably at all. I never use my frankenmags bc of reliability issues. Others mileage may vary of course

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have both and Beta all the way for me, my X was an early one and had to go back, she runs good now, but beta, better get a couple at least!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links