Beta CMAG or X91 drumx2 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Beta CMAG or X91 drumx2

  1. #21
    Very Senior Member
    jjrphs's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2007
    Posts : 209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    I have 2 X products drums and several betas. I shoot them thru my various hk 308s including my MM11k. The X products drum is the better out of the two in my opinion. More reliable. Seems better made to me and I like handling it more than the beta. I never even shoot the beta anymore actually.
    AGREED. I don't own a 308 Beta.....primarily because of my experience with other Beta drums -and- the fact the 308 version is well over $400. I have 4 or 5 of the X-91 drums and routinely use 2 of them. They've been flawless with both "real" ammo and the DAG training ammo I run.

    One other aspect for the "quasi" purists......the X-91 drum is clone of the original factory HK 50rd drum.

    I do find James Malarkey's suggestion more than a little disappointing.


    Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    Because you end up with a midget monopod with that long mag. It would impeded the use of the bipod, no?
    ^^^^THIS^^^^


    Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    Lastly I have several frankenmags of the hk308 variety along with some of the South African? double capacity HK mags that look real nice but dont run reliably at all. I never use my frankenmags bc of reliability issues. Others mileage may vary of course
    My experience with the South African and "Frankenmags" mirrors yours......the SA 30rd mags are inconsistent in my experience -and- I had to send both of the RDTS 40rd mags I purchased back for non-function.
    Browning, Maxim, Vickers
    Belt-Fed & Water-Cooled
    Real Machineguns

  2. #22
    Unrepentant HKHolic

    Join Date : Jun 2003
    Location : Southern New Hampshire
    Age : 60
    Posts : 3,435
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    Because you end up with a midget monopod with that long mag. It would impeded the use of the bipod, no?
    Apparently, I have very different style of shooting full auto. I have never used a bipod for full auto. Off the shoulder, at the hip, or off a MG42 AA tripod is how I shoot full auto. So I didn't even think of a "monopod", as that is not how I shoot. Since there is no one shooting back, "laying on my belly like a reptile" has no appeal to me. If the bipod works for you, more power to you. YMMV.

    Scott

  3. #23
    Very Senior Member
    jjrphs's Avatar
    Join Date : Sep 2007
    Posts : 209
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottinthegrove View Post
    Apparently, I have very different style of shooting full auto. I have never used a bipod for full auto. So I didn't even think of a "monopod"
    Bipods serve a useful purpose even for the recreational shooter IMO.....you don't recognize that, understood. Don't be surprised however, if others are not as myopic.


    Quote Originally Posted by scottinthegrove View Post
    Since there is no one shooting back,
    You seem fixated on whether something is legitimate or has utility for the recreations shooter based on if "someone's shooting back or not."


    Quote Originally Posted by scottinthegrove View Post
    "laying on my belly like a reptile" has no appeal to me. If the bipod works for you, more power to you.
    I can't tell you the last time I was lying the ground to shoot my Shrike, MM23e, etc -or- any other of my bipod equipped rifles or LMGs for that matter......I'm just too old for that. There are a lot of folks who do enjoy shooting prone, however.

    Have you ever heard of a shooting bench? Both of the clubs I belong to have them.....and I use them. A lot. In fact, most of the time I leave the tripods at home and shoot the LMGs off the bench. Benches are very comfortable, stable in the extreme, and by using them.....I leave a substantial piece of hardware (tripod) at the house that I don't have to set up and take down at the range.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    Unrepentant HKHolic

    Join Date : Jun 2003
    Location : Southern New Hampshire
    Age : 60
    Posts : 3,435
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    [QUOTE=jjrphs;1769242]Bipods serve a useful purpose even for the recreational shooter IMO.....you don't recognize that, understood. Don't be surprised however, if others are not as myopic.

    All I'm saying is a bipod doesn't work for me. That is why I posted "If the bipod works for you, more power to you." Did you missed that? You quoted that line below.


    [QUOTE=jjrphs;1769242]You seem fixated on whether something is legitimate or has utility for the recreations shooter based on if "someone's shooting back or not."

    So what difference is it to you what I might be "fixated" on?

    Quote Originally Posted by jjrphs View Post
    I can't tell you the last time I was lying the ground to shoot my Shrike, MM23e, etc -or- any other of my bipod equipped rifles or LMGs for that matter......I'm just too old for that. There are a lot of folks who do enjoy shooting prone, however.
    Please see the first comment. If a bipod works for you or anyone else for that matter, then use one. I'm not saying anyone that uses a bipod for full auto fire is wrong. But in my situation I have no access to a permanent fixed shooting bench. And like you, I don't want to lay on the ground. So a bipod doesn't work for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by jjrphs View Post
    Have you ever heard of a shooting bench? Both of the clubs I belong to have them.....and I use them. A lot. In fact, most of the time I leave the tripods at home and shoot the LMGs off the bench. Benches are very comfortable, stable in the extreme, and by using them.....I leave a substantial piece of hardware (tripod) at the house that I don't have to set up and take down at the range.
    Hooray! The clubs you belong to have shooting benches and will allow full auto fire from those benches. Good for you. The clubs I belonged to back east did not allow full auto fire on the ranges with permanent benches. Nether does the club here in Las Vegas that I shoot the monthly subgun matches. To my knowledge the clubs in the areas that I have lived do not allow full auto fire on the ranges with permanent shooting bench. So I have not had that opportunity that you enjoy. So lucky you.

    As a member here, I simply comment about the subject in the posts, to express my personal opinion as to what works or doesn't work for me. If what doesn't work for me, works for you, again good for you.

    Scott

    ETA, BTW "myopic" is a great vocab word. I'm guessing you meant it as I was "lacking tolerance or understanding; narrow-minded". While I am nearsighted and wear glasses, " Ophthalmology. pertaining to or having myopia; nearsighted" didn't seem that my actual vision was your point. Or maybe you feel I am "unable or unwilling to act prudently; shortsighted". In any case, I did have to look up the word.
    Last edited by scottinthegrove; 02-29-2016 at 02:56 PM.

  6. #25
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Oct 2002
    Location : Sunny South Florida
    Posts : 242
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Darnit, the X Products FAL mags is $27 more and that's the one I want.

  7. #26
    Senior Member
    Radar's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2009
    Location : Las Vegas, NV
    Posts : 125
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I have both as well, The Beta mag is a little harder to load but is worth it.

  8. #27
    Supporting Vendor
    rhouston8's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2009
    Location : MS
    Posts : 2,020
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scottinthegrove View Post
    Apparently, I have very different style of shooting full auto. I have never used a bipod for full auto. Off the shoulder, at the hip, or off a MG42 AA tripod is how I shoot full auto. So I didn't even think of a "monopod", as that is not how I shoot. Since there is no one shooting back, "laying on my belly like a reptile" has no appeal to me. If the bipod works for you, more power to you. YMMV.

    Scott
    Oh come on Scott...I'm not reptiling it. hahah. But a 11,13,11k, etc I sometimes shoot from a bench...sitting and a 2x or 3x frankenmag just gets in the way. I usually just off hand it though with assault grip. Here's a pic of me last weekend doing so...but alas with my 60.

    Beta CMAG or X91 drumx2-rambo.jpg

  9. #28
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    heheheyoshi's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2013
    Location : PA
    Posts : 554
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhouston8 View Post
    Oh come on Scott...I'm not reptiling it. hahah. But a 11,13,11k, etc I sometimes shoot from a bench...sitting and a 2x or 3x frankenmag just gets in the way. I usually just off hand it though with assault grip. Here's a pic of me last weekend doing so...but alas with my 60.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rambo.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	346.8 KB 
ID:	40257
    Is there any other way to shoot an M60?

    I assume you've got a auto replenishing belt as well. You know, if people look away it suddenly gains more ammo?
    One day Buddah was sitting under a tree.
    A knight walked up and said: "You look like a Pig."
    Buddah replied: "And you look like a god."
    The knight, obviously puzzled asked: "What makes you say that?"
    Buddah replied: "My son, we see in others what we see in ourselves."

  10. #29
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Obiefox's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2009
    Posts : 1,823
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    I prefer the X51 drums for 308. The beta is took big and heavy IMO. I love the beta in 5.56...just love it. My 13k loves them too.

  11. #30
    Very Senior Member
    SOLgardener's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2013
    Location : North GA
    Posts : 318
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    I got my X drum yesterday. It's nicely made. Not a big as I expected, and not as heavy in my rifle either. Now if I could find a beta drum for the $230 price that was metioned so much in 2010, as one googles for them...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

308 beta

,

beta c mag

Click on a term to search for related topics.