HKPRO Forums banner

MP5A3 or A2?

9K views 37 replies 28 participants last post by  DisposableHero 
#1 ·
Which is better? Is the A3 stock a bit inferior to the A2 for shooting purposes?

Ric

#3 ·
The A2 will give you a better cheek weld but the A3F works just fine for me and is considerably more tacticool.

Don't forget about side folders...

#10 ·
Can the Choate side folder on a RS MP5 fire when folded?
The A3 when retracted gets in the way of my wrist, but I like the smaller OL when retracted.
I definitely see how the A2 would be the finer shooter, unless the folder fits as well.
Looking for replies on this one, didn't mean to hijack but it goes with this thread in a way.

#15 ·
No problems at all using the A3 stocks in the 9mm and 5.56 guns. They are not usually very comfortable in the G3 family, but I have also shot some examples where even that is not bothersome.

If you need an A2 to comfortably shoot a 9mm all day long, you've got issues.

#17 ·
A2 stock better for range purposes, but the A3 stock on an MP5 isn't rough on the shooter like an A3 stock is on a G3/Hk91.

For aesthetic purposes, its your choice. Some like the 'kommando' look of the A3 collapsible stock best, but I like the look of the full A2 stock with the older pre-Navy 'contour' SEF lower attached. Add the vintage slimline MP5 fore grip and SD-marked straight 'waffle' mags to the old 'contour' finger groove lower and you have the whole West German Border Guard/GSG9 vintage MP5 look going on. Much cooler effect than the '80s-'90s action flick MP5-N Steven Seagal look in my opinion.

#19 ·
The A3 looks way cool but the A2 is really comfortable when shooting. And then there is the B&T, where you get nice looks, side-folding capability, and a comfortable cheek weld. Having said that I somehow end up just using the B&T on the K variant and the A2 for the full size when I go to the range.

#22 · (Edited)
A2 or A3 stocks for MP5????

At least for me personally, I say neither (and I have owned both stocks, along with an MP5 conversion, for nearly a quarter-century.)

The absolute best setup that I have encountered so far is the HKPARTS.NET HK AR Adapter with either a Magpul or LMT stock, or my personal favorite (as shown on my weapon) is the ACE ARFX-E stock with the 1.0 inch recoil pad. https://www.instagram.com/p/BBy2OuGN8Ro/?taken-by=brethren_armament

Absolutely no comparison with this setup compared to either the factory A2 or A3 stocks, and I would never buy another A2 or A3 stock having tried this. I would sell my A2 and A3 stocks except for the fact that I like to have them for comparison measurements regarding length of pull.

A more detailed review of my 1,000 round live-fire test, including direct comparison to A2 and A3 stocks, is available here: HK AR Adapter

In the interests of full disclosure, I have not tried the B&T stock, but lots of people have voiced a preference for this over the A2 and A3 stocks.

#24 ·
Functionally that may be nice, but I am not a fan of the AR locating tab sitting out there underneath the tube on the stock as it looks all lonely wanting to be inserted into well....an AR. :eek:

#27 ·
Get the French retractable stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.