Pros/cons of registered receiver HK93
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pros/cons of registered receiver HK93

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Pros/cons of registered receiver HK93

I am looking at buying a registered receiver hk93. Can you give me the good bad and ugly about theses guns. I am wanting to add a hk to my collection and have ruled out the G3 and I don't want to spend the money for a seat.

Thanks

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A basic explanation is as follows: Pros are that they typically will be cheaper than a sear gun, but the receiver is what is registered. The con is that you cannot move the trigger group to another host. A registered sear pack or registered trigger box/frame can be moved from host to host opening up many more options.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more HK.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Thanks. My biggest question is are there any pitfalls with the platform. This gun is 100% Hk with new Hk full auto bolt and carrier.

I would assume I would have to buy an adapter to run one of my 5.56 suppressors on it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emrisg View Post
    Thanks. My biggest question is are there any pitfalls with the platform. This gun is 100% Hk with new Hk full auto bolt and carrier.
    I would assume I would have to buy an adapter to run one of my 5.56 suppressors on it?
    Push pin lower attachment or clip on attachment?
    “Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
    — Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Clip on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by emrisg View Post
    Clip on
    Check prices here:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I don't know of any direct cons of buying a registered receiver gun for the right price. @MG34_Dan posted the price chart. As @The Punisher mentioned (and I agree with him), we prefer a registered trigger box (or sear) because we can move it between guns. As you said in your original post though, you're not interested in this, so I'm assuming you're really only looking to own one HK. If that's the case, a registered receiver is great. One of the pro's to it would be if any of your trigger parts break you can easily buy a replacement part (even an unregistered sear) pretty easily and cheaply.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I don't see the advantage in a clip on RR. You basically simply have a married sear to a gun (pack must be clipped). Push pin you can at least run any German pack you wish.
    Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc’-ra-cy) - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least
    capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed are rewarded
    with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Speedballing....that's slamming Benadryl right? Source: SudS aka Kevin

HK...The most addictive drug known to man.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The advantage of a clipon RR gun over a push pin is the price and availability.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nerdbrain View Post
    The advantage of a clipon RR gun over a push pin is the price and availability.
    Right but you're also suffering from a one trick pony. Without knowing what the 93 is priced at... I say save your money and purchase a sear. Much more versatility and you will not regret it when the F4 clears and it's value has appreciated.

Edit: Read where he doesn't want to spend the money for a sear.... I'm guessing this 93 is under 20k. My personal opinion, take it for what it's worth. Buy a sear. It seems like a lot but I promise in a year when it's worth more you will thank yourself. I give myself a hug daily for the $14k sears purchased during the great recession.
    Last edited by PSG1 Nut; 03-07-2016 at 03:05 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links