HK93 > 53 SBR process - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HK93 > 53 SBR process

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have not totally made up my mind yet, but on my short list right now is Mike Otte, TPM, and TSC though I've not spoken with him yet. I don't think I could go wrong with any of them though, but I was leaning towards Mike since he'll be finishing up my 23E soon and thought I'd have some continuity with my builds. Though that doesn't REALLY matter, but it's just another reason to help decide :)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Same three builders on my list.

I've been wanting to do a '53 for a long, long time and finally have the right HK93 rifle (I kept buying them and they were too nice, now I have a "donor" quality rifle with the right markings) and the right '53 parts kit.

Jumpies makes a good point about builder pedigree and having it Form-4'd instead of me Form-1'ing it.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

@Mr.Maim , I am working through the 93 to 53 conversion process with Mike at TSC Machine now. He's been great, +1 for him and his wife Tammy. I am sure the others on the list are great as well, I've seen/heard nothing but good things about all those builders. Mike's SBR engraving goes on the rear tang as depicted in this photo:

HK93 > 53 SBR process-tsc-engraving.jpg

Very clean, and again, WAY better than my silly trust/LLC name or my personal info.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

@Jumpies (I can't believe you just conned me into doing that "@" thng ) When do you expect it to come back to your dealer? I'd like to see how the paint finish is on your 53. That's really my biggest deciding factor.

I've been setting up for this for years.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Ha! I said the same thing the first time I did the "@" thing.

I am still probably 60 days out from having it back at my dealer. Can't wait!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

+1 for Mike & Tammy (TSC)... they're simply awesome!
    "It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it."

HK91 / HK93 / HK SP89 / PCS9 / PCS53 / TPM P5SD / B&T APC45 / P7M13 / USP45T / USP45CT / HK45T / HK45CT / USP45 Compact / USP9 Compact / VP9SK / Qualified Mfg HK Sear / KAC USP45T Suppressor / AAC Tirant 9mm / AAC 762SD / SilencerCo Osprey 45 / SilencerCo Octane 45 HD / SilencerCo Spectre II / SWR Trident 9 / TPM SD / Benelli M1S90

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

+2 for Mike and Tammy. They currently are building one for me in the RAL8000 finish. Can't wait to see the results. I have learned so much about roller lock HKs just from speaking with Mike. You won't find anybody more personable than Mike and Tammy.

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    That is a good point you brought up. I intend to keep it forever however, so I guess it's not as big a concern for me. But should I have to go the long route, I'll look at having the builder info as an added bonus for waiting :)
    You intend to keep it forever until that baby is born, or you need to buy a larger house. Have a reputable builders name on it so you can sell it and make some money if you ever have too.

Sean

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pipelinen View Post
    +2 for Mike and Tammy. They currently are building one for me in the RAL8000 finish. Can't wait to see the results. I have learned so much about roller lock HKs just from speaking with Mike. You won't find anybody more personable than Mike and Tammy.
    So true. Mike and Tammy are good people.

Sean

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I have been in this same dilemma and was highly recommended to not submit SBR application until AFTER the rifle is remarked "HK53." You are telling the ATF what the gun's markings are and if they are not actually those when you submit, this can potentially be an issue. I try to steer completely clear of all potential issues when it comes to NFA.
    I have to disagree with you. A form 1 is an application to make a firearm. HK 53 is what will be on the finished product that will be in the NFA registry. I wouldn't start working on any SBR until the paperwork is approved by ATF.

Sean

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links