Frank's trying to go to the 40's on Sear/ host combo - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank's trying to go to the 40's on Sear/ host combo

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by damcv62 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't agree with you. This is the agency that said a shoe string was an mg. But people are freaking and they don't know why. I help out with a couple of local shops for stuff, the people that come in and are worried about 41f don't actually know WHY they are afraid of 41f, but people on the internet said it was something to be afraid of, so they are.
    I hear you. Some people seem to just follow the heard sometimes. My dealer tells me about people panic buying every time I go there...to stratigically purchase in a rapid manor.

I hope nothing bad comes from it, I truly do. I've been buying NFA with a trust for nearly a decade now. I went the trust route because even to get fingerprints in my area I was getting a run around. I just don't feel like having to lose money by taking off of work to attempt to get things done during specific hours on specific days. That's a headache even without getting CLEO sign off.

I also know that by having all my NFA items owned by the trust before the deadline (or at least pending) I will have no legal worries if I add or subtract trustees down the road. I can do it at will and care less about any rule changes they might suddenly make.

Question I always had about the shoelace stance they had...doesn't that mean that every person with a firearm and shoelaces in their shoes would be guilty of intent to construct an unregistered machinegun? lol
    MP5SD SW clone SBR with TPM SD can
    MP5 Coharie clone SBR with AAC Striker II can
    MP5-40 Vector clone SBR
    HK45 with Sico Osprey 45 can
    USP40
    VP9
    VP40
    Many Many more non HK firearms

Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ttamking View Post
    Just in his email blast - Fleming MP5SD and Fleming sear - 39.500

HK MP5sd sear gun, transferable by Fleming : Machine Guns at GunBroker.com

Attachment 41112
    What I always find interesting about Frank's is that he charges top dollar for the shi&&est guns. Guns that have poor engraving, need refinishing, or just are not done correctly. Example, an HK53 with an MP5 fore grip or the incorrect flash hider. Guns that look like they were painted in shop class. Why folks would ever pay top dollar for junk makes no sense in my opinion. Ruben may be expensive, but at least he sells nice stuff generally.

Sean

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wish I had more than 2 sears ;)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Raf456 View Post
    What I always find interesting about Frank's is that he charges top dollar for the shi&&est guns. Guns that have poor engraving, need refinishing, or just are not done correctly. Example, an HK53 with an MP5 fore grip or the incorrect flash hider. Guns that look like they were painted in shop class. Why folks would ever pay top dollar for junk makes no sense in my opinion. Ruben may be expensive, but at least he sells nice stuff generally.

Sean
    Frank nudged his way into the dealer market with that old 10% commission gig. He's now built a business and customer base large enough to be somewhat an actual buyer and reseller himself, which is what Ruben always was. Ruben doesn't have anyone working for him like Frank. You get Ruben service, 12/7 he answers his own phone. On the buyer end, the consistency, quality photography, quality merchandise and service that Ruben provides is far better. By default, Ruben still gets some beat up stuff, just like Frank. The difference is Ruben sends it off to a builder for whatever service and passes that cost onto the buyer.

Make no mistake though, both are salesmen. Ruben advertises "always paying top dollar", that's his top dollar, not anything close to fair market value. That's were the real margins come in. These investments are all discretionary income, so some guys don't care what they sell for because they probably made some money anyway. Still they provide a service, "we pay up front". But there is a fine line between turning an honest profit and getting greedy.

Bottom line. If either of them has something that is in acceptable condition accompanied by excellent photos from the start (sorry Frank, that 3-day money back inspection thing doesn't make me feel better after waiting months for the transfer), at a price you can afford, then buy it. Keep in mind, however a reliable private party sells you the history of ownership and not just the merchandise. When it comes to sear builds, history is important.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure Frank is sitting back and watching this thread and getting his chuckles. Whatever it may be, he is getting his churn in publicity and making his fat commission. Win-win for him.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggie24 View Post
    I hear you. Some people seem to just follow the heard sometimes. My dealer tells me about people panic buying every time I go there...to stratigically purchase in a rapid manor.

I hope nothing bad comes from it, I truly do. I've been buying NFA with a trust for nearly a decade now. I went the trust route because even to get fingerprints in my area I was getting a run around. I just don't feel like having to lose money by taking off of work to attempt to get things done during specific hours on specific days. That's a headache even without getting CLEO sign off.

I also know that by having all my NFA items owned by the trust before the deadline (or at least pending) I will have no legal worries if I add or subtract trustees down the road. I can do it at will and care less about any rule changes they might suddenly make.

Question I always had about the shoelace stance they had...doesn't that mean that every person with a firearm and shoelaces in their shoes would be guilty of intent to construct an unregistered machinegun? lol
    Pretty much spot on with the shoe lace. Hence the joke about the ATF. They can and will make odd ball claims that don't make any sense at times. And be happy to flip flop on stances.

RMA
    Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaelkih View Post
    Wish I had more than 2 sears ;)
    Wish I had more than 1 sear !

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I wish I had more then 4 sears.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Frank is sitting back and watching this thread and getting his chuckles. Whatever it may be, he is getting his churn in publicity and making his fat commission. Win-win for him.
    I hope I didn't come off as endorsing Frank, Ruben or anyone else, because I definitely am NOT. MG's and sears remain one of the more liquid and better luxury investments. Stuff goes in and out of vogue, and often times new vendors develop products that increase demand. As long as there are sellers too busy, overwhelmed, lazy or rich enough not to care; and nervous buyers wanting more, more, more...these salesmen will thrive.

If you want something like a sear, which are in high demand right now, you either have to do your due diligence with a private party or deal with someone like Frank if they have one. But if you think the MWT's of the world somehow ensure better quality or provide more security over competent buyer due diligence, they don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A new acquaintance of mine gave me the best reasoning behind 41f that I've heard to date. Or at least reasoning I agree with. The problem the ATF runs into with a trust is that it can't run a background check on a non-person. So the paperwork goes through and whoever is on the trust, to some extent, has access to the firearms. This includes folks that couldn't pass a background check any other way. Had they not required the CELO signature the proliferation of trusts wouldn't have probably happened and they'd get their background checks. So I think it's a good thing for the time being.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links