Frank's trying to go to the 40's on Sear/ host combo - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank's trying to go to the 40's on Sear/ host combo

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You haven't heard about the lawsuit to the Hughes amendment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by damcv62 View Post
    That's why frank is such a great seller. Shitty listings, not even having a clue what it is he has for sale. I'm still crossing my fingers he gets burned on the set of guns he listed for a guy that is local to me, I'd put good money on the guy getting arrested long before any paperwork gets done. Hope that $150,000 loss makes him think twice about his practices.
    This being the case, I feel badly for the 3 MWT customers that somehow think they got a deal on that 51, 51b, and MP5; when all the actually purchased was months of aggreviation, lost time and 41f.

I figured that guy with the dirty fingernails in the photos, also had dirty hands.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thaunk View Post
    Where have you heard this? Honestly, this would be disastrous for current MG owners as their product would suddenly have to compete with an open market.

More on topic, I've seen Frank's auctions and now I know better than to use him. Or at least negotiate harder than he's apparently used to.
    If my memory serves me right oral arguments start in Philly? federal court tomorrow. There is a huge thread about it on AR15 for months now.
    MP5SD SW clone SBR with TPM SD can
    MP5 Coharie clone SBR with AAC Striker II can
    MP5-40 Vector clone SBR
    HK45 with Sico Osprey 45 can
    USP40
    VP9
    VP40
    Many Many more non HK firearms

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    I hope I didn't come off as endorsing Frank, Ruben or anyone else, because I definitely am NOT. MG's and sears remain one of the more liquid and better luxury investments. Stuff goes in and out of vogue, and often times new vendors develop products that increase demand. As long as there are sellers too busy, overwhelmed, lazy or rich enough not to care; and nervous buyers wanting more, more, more...these salesmen will thrive.

If you want something like a sear, which are in high demand right now, you either have to do your due diligence with a private party or deal with someone like Frank if they have one. But if you think the MWT's of the world somehow ensure better quality or provide more security over competent buyer due diligence, they don't.
    I never implied you were endorsing anyone.

NFA as a liquid investment? You mean liquid like molasses to reflect Form 4 wait times?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    I never implied you were endorsing anyone.

NFA as a liquid investment? You mean liquid like molasses to reflect Form 4 wait times?
    I know you didn't. I just don't want any members to think that I am.

I still believe NFA MG's/Sears are one of the more liquid "luxury" investments for those with enough discretionary income to purchase them. The wait times are far less of a concern for sellers than buyers. Still there are not many investments you can make in this life which are likely to be worth more than you paid for them months later when you finally take delivery.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samsara View Post
    I know you didn't. I just don't want any members to think that I am.

I still believe NFA MG's/Sears are one of the more liquid "luxury" investments for those with enough discretionary income to purchase them. The wait times are far less of a concern for sellers than buyers. Still there are not many investments you can make in this life which are likely to be worth more than you paid for them months later when you finally take delivery.
    I agree they can be investments but as for terming it liquid, I disagree.

What is Liquid Investment? definition and meaning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by airforce1 View Post
    I agree they can be investments but as for terming it liquid, I disagree.

What is Liquid Investment? definition and meaning
    By "one of the more liquid" investments, I am meaning that there are not many luxury goods you can almost immediately sell to any one of several competing dealers mentioned here, or put up on a weekly NR Gunbroker auction and have your money by next week. Slap a bargain basement sticker price on it, and it can sell here or on several other boards almost immediately!

The definition of liquidity you posted isn't what it used to be. Nearly every broker, dealer, auction house or bank can hold your money a few days, weeks or even over a month sometimes.
    Last edited by samsara; 04-04-2016 at 10:58 AM.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thaunk View Post
    Where have you heard this? Honestly, this would be disastrous for current MG owners as their product would suddenly have to compete with an open market.

More on topic, I've seen Frank's auctions and now I know better than to use him. Or at least negotiate harder than he's apparently used to.
    Disastrous? It would be glorious. The ability to make and own new MGs would greatly outweigh the loss I would personally take on my own MGs.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    Disastrous? It would be glorious. The ability to make and own new MGs would greatly outweigh the loss I would personally take on my own MGs.
    Agreed. And I own quite a few. There are some dealers that would loose big, and some collectors as well. But the vast majority of owners would love to see it brought down.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by damcv62 View Post
    Agreed. And I own quite a few. There are some dealers that would loose big, and some collectors as well. But the vast majority of owners would love to see it brought down.
    If Hughes were ever struck down, expect President Hillary to push through a $10,000 transfer tax.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links