So I sort of misfiled my sears. Suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So I sort of misfiled my sears. Suggestions?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default So I sort of misfiled my sears. Suggestions?

I have a triplet of Fleming sears, each installed in a four position burst pack. In the course of doing some stuff, I have now confused which sear was on which host which means now I don't know what serial number corresponds to what form 4. A bit like three card monty. I am loathe to disassemble the packs to verify and I can't quite see the serial numbers from the outside.

I certainly am too fumble fingered to solve it myself; is my only alternative to go to a smith and have this straightened out?

For those that have the high quality problem of having more than one sear I am wondering if you have also engraved the frame in which it is installed to solve this problem? Seems like a good suggestion going forward. Would also solve the problem for when they check paperwork at the range and want to see the serial number correspond (I always show the SBR Form 4 for the host, that seems to satisfy them).

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil A. Steen View Post
    I have a triplet of Fleming sears, each installed in a four position burst pack. In the course of doing some stuff, I have now confused which sear was on which host which means now I don't know what serial number corresponds to what form 4. A bit like three card monty. I am loathe to disassemble the packs to verify and I can't quite see the serial numbers from the outside.

I certainly am too fumble fingered to solve it myself; is my only alternative to go to a smith and have this straightened out?

For those that have the high quality problem of having more than one sear I am wondering if you have also engraved the frame in which it is installed to solve this problem? Seems like a good suggestion going forward. Would also solve the problem for when they check paperwork at the range and want to see the serial number correspond (I always show the SBR Form 4 for the host, that seems to satisfy them).
    I wouldnt or see no reason to put it on the frame of the gun if that is what you are saying why not engrave on the trigger pack itself? Just curious was this the Triplet of Flemming Sears that Reuben had for sale on SubGuns a while back?
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Three Fleming Sears? In the greater scheme of things not the world's worst problem to have:)
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NFATCA Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

This is what Mike @ TSC did to mine when it was there being placed in a burst pack. Makes for easy identification :) So I sort of misfiled my sears.  Suggestions?-screen-shot-2016-04-20-12.14.28-pm.png

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I think I will have to send them out. And no not the 3 pack Ruben had, I've owned these a decade or more.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Oh but to have the OP's problems...
    MP5SD SW clone SBR with TPM SD can
    MP5 Coharie clone SBR with AAC Striker II can
    MP5-40 Vector clone SBR
    HK45 with Sico Osprey 45 can
    USP40
    VP9
    VP40
    Many Many more non HK firearms

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil A. Steen View Post

well I can see SN on my Flemings. Work the sear a little? And yes I have the trigger box engraved too

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

to me it does not matter, I have the form 4's for my sears with me at all times, the guns are out. I have never heard of anyone being checked. Besides that who says what you engrave on the pack is what is inside.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by x50plt View Post
    to me it does not matter, I have the form 4's for my sears with me at all times, the guns are out. I have never heard of anyone being checked.
    Maybe he wants to sell one....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggie24 View Post
    Oh but to have the OP's problems...
    You said it. Why, I once mixed up the wheels on my Ferraris right before took my '67 Ferrari GT-B to the Pebble Beach show, and when the contours judges saw that my GT-B had the wheels from my '70 Dino mounted, golly was my face RED.

(J/k I don't have any Ferraris)
    [Hk91] [Hk MP5-N] [Hk45ct]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links