HKPRO Forums banner

So I sort of misfiled my sears. Suggestions?

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Phil A. Steen 
#1 ·
I have a triplet of Fleming sears, each installed in a four position burst pack. In the course of doing some stuff, I have now confused which sear was on which host which means now I don't know what serial number corresponds to what form 4. A bit like three card monty. I am loathe to disassemble the packs to verify and I can't quite see the serial numbers from the outside.

I certainly am too fumble fingered to solve it myself; is my only alternative to go to a smith and have this straightened out?

For those that have the high quality problem of having more than one sear I am wondering if you have also engraved the frame in which it is installed to solve this problem? Seems like a good suggestion going forward. Would also solve the problem for when they check paperwork at the range and want to see the serial number correspond (I always show the SBR Form 4 for the host, that seems to satisfy them).

#10 ·
You said it. Why, I once mixed up the wheels on my Ferraris right before took my '67 Ferrari GT-B to the Pebble Beach show, and when the contours judges saw that my GT-B had the wheels from my '70 Dino mounted, golly was my face RED.

(J/k I don't have any Ferraris)

#11 ·
Would also solve the problem for when they check paperwork at the range and want to see the serial number correspond (I always show the SBR Form 4 for the host, that seems to satisfy them).
Slight drift, but you allow this?

I've gone down that road with another FL gun range that wanted to see (at first) and the have copies of Form 1/4s (later)... I told them to piss of and reminded them that creating a gun registry is a felony in the state of Florida...

Not to mention, I don't see the reason they have to "check your papers" for an NFA item - there are far more stolen / 'illegal' non-NFA weapons out there that are shot on their range every day / week / month / year than NFA weapons.

And yes, your SN problem is indeed a tough problem to have... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.