MR556 conversion to SBR 10.4" inquiry
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MR556 conversion to SBR 10.4" inquiry

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default MR556 conversion to SBR 10.4" inquiry

Hello

I'm looking to convert the MR556 upper to an SBR conversion. I was looking into sending the upper to Jayson at IGF to get it converted to the 10.4" SBR. However, I noticed that HKparts has now developed a SBR conversion kit with a 10.4" barrel.

I'm looking for people's opinion regarding the conversion that HKparts has to offer and to see if anyone has actually done this conversion since I see that this kit is relatively new.

I figured asking the experts here on the forum before I made my decision. Everyone's opinion, input, and advice is welcome. Please do not hesitate to post. Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

please include some pictures once you are done with the sbr conversion

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

While this is a NFA subject, I would think that the forum specifically for this platform HK416 and HK417 HQ would tend to have more experience with this specific question.

Scott

I apologize. It seems that you originally posted this thread there. Why it was moved, I don't know. I see questions specific questions about the SBR process of the Southern Asian clones in the Clone Forum all the time.
    Last edited by scottinthegrove; 06-07-2016 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Because it had started in the 416 Forum

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I will definitely post pictures when the conversion is finished. Just looking for insight before which process I start.

I did initially post in the 416 forum. However it was moved here.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I can't really help you with the HKPro conversion kit other than to say that I have purchased my fair share of gear from Adam at HKPro and have always had good experiences. Jayson at IGF did my SBR conversion on my MR556 and it runs flawlessly.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have a 10 inch barrel from HK Parts and installed on a MR556. The gas block is vented. Functions as expected with and without a suppressor.
    Small amount of rust behind the flash hider that came off real easy when I received it. The gas block is different from a Titan gas block, and shows
    more machine marks than a true HK block. It has the bayo lug and sling ears. I'll post some pic tonight, or if you need a specific photo PM me.
    Accuracy at 50 yards is fine off hand, I havent shot it from a rest.
    MR556
    G36K Bostic Conv
    USP 45 Tactical
    USP CT
    SR9T
    HK91
    SW-89

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CIMG View Post
    I have a 10 inch barrel from HK Parts and installed on a MR556. The gas block is vented. Functions as expected with and without a suppressor.
    Small amount of rust behind the flash hider that came off real easy when I received it. The gas block is different from a Titan gas block, and shows
    more machine marks than a true HK block. It has the bayo lug and sling ears. I'll post some pic tonight, or if you need a specific photo PM me.
    Does it use the regular piston with rings? Thanks, a pic would be awesome. Cheers
    BTW is the "notch" in the barrel extension removed so you can use a 416 BCG?
    Certified Glock, SIG, S&W Armourer
    Colt, REM Armourer
    Hidden Content
    Jack Reacher "I mean to beat you to death and drink your blood from a boot!"

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    Does it use the regular piston with rings? Thanks, a pic would be awesome. Cheers
    BTW is the "notch" in the barrel extension removed so you can use a 416 BCG?

Standard HK piston fits, no notch in barrel extension. Ill get some pic up tonight.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Standard HK piston fits, no notch in barrel extension. Ill get some pic up tonight.
    Good stuff! Thanks

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I appreciate your response. I believe I read your review on the website. If you don't mind me asking, what suppressor setup do you have? I currently I have Surefire's SOCOM RC suppressor. I was using it on my 416 with the HK buffer and stock HK spring. However I had cycling issues during rapid fire. I purchased a wolf xp spring but I sold the 416 before I got to test it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links