SP5K with a 4-Position Trigger Housing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: SP5K with a 4-Position Trigger Housing

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hayhay View Post
    Attachment 49057

I wanted the same look. Placed a order with HK parts as soon as I found out my gun was in.
    It took about 5 min with a file on the housing. No big deal.
    That came out exactly like I want mine. Great job. Maybe now, I won't have to return my housing.

Thanks, Hayhay.
    rob
    webstrands

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

That does look good @Hayhay congrats!!!! thanks for letting us know it does not take a Brain surgeon to get them working right
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

@Hayhay , definitely looks cool.....but not sure if ~$150 cool- that'd go towards a B&T stock if it were me ;)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

Attachment 49057

I wanted the same look. Placed a order with HK parts as soon as I found out my gun was in.
    It took about 5 min with a file on the housing. No big deal.
    What "exactly" did you have to file, in order to make it fit? Please?
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Does the housing for the SP5K seriously require a specification/modification exclusive only to the SP5K that differs from all of the other clipped and pinned housings that we use on our existing HK host guns? If so, would that render a SP5K housing incompatible with all other hosts other than another SP5K? And vice versa, no easy swap of trigger packs if involving an SP5K? What insanity that would be and yet another compelling reason to choose an SP89 over an SP5K, if this is the case. Surely not though, for what company would sabotage their own product line like this.
    Last edited by Neo-Geo; 07-21-2016 at 09:52 PM.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content . Hidden Content 7/14/2016.
    Check cleared 7/18/2016. Approved 6/16/2017. Stamps delivered 7/6/2017.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Indreams84 View Post
    @Hayhay , definitely looks cool.....but not sure if ~$150 cool- that'd go towards a B&T stock if it were me ;)
    Some would argue that the gun itself is not $2500 cool. What's another $150? I say do them both!!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Geo View Post
    Does a housing for the SP5K require a special specification exclusive only to the SP5K that differs from all of the clipped and pinned housings that we use on existing HK host guns? If so, would that render a SP5K housing incompatible with any other host other than another SP5K? If so, what insanity that would be and quite a compelling reason to choose an SP89 over an SP5K if this is the case.
    If someone were going to the expense of adding a flapper mag release and remarking, perhaps have the shelf removed and replaced with an "old spec" shelf...problem solved?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    What "exactly" did you have to file, in order to make it fit? Please?
    I have received a few pm's on this so I will just post it here for those who just can't wait or like me just didn't know before ordering one.
    This is my experience your results may vary. I am not a expert by any means.
    My 4 pos housing without the trigger pack installed fit my gun perfectly. However once I installed my trigger into the 4 pos housing I could not get the rear pin in.
    I removed the trigger pack from the housing and opened up the top portion of the shelf cut out on the housing with a file. I will post a picture later this evening.
    Mine did not take much.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)

I have received a few pm's on this so I will just post it here for those who just can't wait or like me just didn't know before ordering one.
    This is my experience your results may vary. I am not a expert by any means.
    My 4 pos housing without the trigger pack installed fit my gun perfectly. However once I installed my trigger into the 4 pos housing I could not get the rear pin in.
    I removed the trigger pack from the housing and opened up the top portion of the shelf cut out on the housing with a file. I will post a picture later this evening.
    Mine did not take much.
    THANK YOU!!!! Please post pics when you get the chance. I'd love to see what changes are needed.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mine did not take much.
    Removing material from that portion of the trigger housing maybe all well and good with a semi auto gun, but that's a no go for those with sears. If too much material is removed and the trigger housing is sitting too low on the shelf, you will run the risk of the release lever not tripping when the bolt carrier rides over it. Just the smallest amount of up and down play on the front of the housing will cause problems.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links