You think you had a bad day at work... - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: You think you had a bad day at work...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    I'm "guessing"...but betting ATF.

I've been privy to the destruction of A LOT of firearms, at the ATF requirements.......and that looks like.....well....it.

Not saying anything other than......it "could have" been done differently, but then again....the actual guy over seeing .....well....you can read into it.
    Referring to him as my Federal rep is misleading, he's actually employed by the State. The weapons are procured through the Federal Government on a program available to Law Enforcement Agencies.

When my agency (read me) is no longer using them and tired of accounting for them twice a year through audits, they get put out for bid to other LE agencies. In this particular case no one wanted the old training revolvers (they've been modified to only fire blanks) or the MP5s. It would cost me my job and I'm sure some jail time if I tried to part any of those weapons out on the civilian market.

I don't make the rules and I'm in no position to fight my agency or the agency we picked them up from. We signed paperwork stating if we were every required to destroy said weapons we would make three separate cuts through the rifles and a single cut through the pistols. No other agency wanted these weapons so I was ordered to destroy them in order to get them off the books.

I took no happiness in doing it. Unfortunately the Obama administration is making it harder and harder for us to obtain and keep weapons on the Federal programs. It doesn't surprise me no other agencies took them. It's a huge pain in the ass and it gets more involved each year. Eventually no agency will participate and I believe that is what they want.

All in all a pretty shitty day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Parts kits--- but I could have done without seeing the process!!!

Tony

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

I wish the feds would do that to all the guns they own, and start enforcing law with a night stick , like they do in UK.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

haven't been to the UK in a while have ya?

its looking more and more like US style policing.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    Referring to him as my Federal rep is misleading, he's actually employed by the State. The weapons are procured through the Federal Government on a program available to Law Enforcement Agencies.

When my agency (read me) is no longer using them and tired of accounting for them twice a year through audits, they get put out for bid to other LE agencies. In this particular case no one wanted the old training revolvers (they've been modified to only fire blanks) or the MP5s. It would cost me my job and I'm sure some jail time if I tried to part any of those weapons out on the civilian market.

I don't make the rules and I'm in no position to fight my agency or the agency we picked them up from. We signed paperwork stating if we were every required to destroy said weapons we would make three separate cuts through the rifles and a single cut through the pistols. No other agency wanted these weapons so I was ordered to destroy them in order to get them off the books.

I took no happiness in doing it. Unfortunately the Obama administration is making it harder and harder for us to obtain and keep weapons on the Federal programs. It doesn't surprise me no other agencies took them. It's a huge pain in the ass and it gets more involved each year. Eventually no agency will participate and I believe that is what they want.

All in all a pretty shitty day...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even so still lots of salvageable parts in that pile. I would like to know what happened to the pile after the cuts were made.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    Even so still lots of salvageable parts in that pile. I would like to know what happened to the pile after the cuts were made.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan_O View Post
    Pile was separated into three piles then put into three different dumpsters. At three different locations.

Sad deal there.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A horrific site..... Makes me sad to see any HK to treated like that!!!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Absolute disgusting waste of taxpayer dollars. As others here have said, destroy the receivers as per ATF regs then sell off the parts. Those much needed parts could have found a good home. Sickening!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gopherboy128 View Post
    Sad deal there.
    You aint kidding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You think you had a bad day at work...-image.jpeg
    Glad to see our tax dollars are well spent. Sigh!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links