FMP G3 Receiver - What manufacturer do I put on the Form 1

Thread: FMP G3 Receiver - What manufacturer do I put on the Form 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FMP G3 Receiver - What manufacturer do I put on the Form 1

So I have an FMP receiver, imported by Interport and purchased from Special Weapons back in 99. I've decided to SBR it, but I can't seem to find a manufacturer on the ATF eforms drop down menu. The closest option I saw was Fabrica de Braco de Prata, but it didn't have a G3 nor SBR option fir this manufacturer. There is only a machine gun option with this manufacturer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bushgun View Post
    So I have an FMP receiver, imported by Interport and purchased from Special Weapons back in 99. I've decided to SBR it, but I can't seem to find a manufacturer on the ATF eforms drop down menu. The closest option I saw was Fabrica de Braco de Prata, but it didn't have a G3 nor SBR option fir this manufacturer. There is only a machine gun option with this manufacturer. Does anyone have any other suggestions?
    Try the machine gun option, it's almost like playing the lottery. You never know!

On a serious note, enter in the make and model as they appear on the receiver. If the drop down isn't populated with such information, you can enter it in manually. It can't hurt to attach photo(s) to the form of the receiver with the manufacturer and model markings. That should settle any confusion the examiner has when reviewing the form on the make and model should they question it.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

KOK
    Premium Professional
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Definitely add pics. The status will most probably be pending research for over a month so don't panic. If you don't add pics, they will email you in a month to send them pics and it will take another month.
    Now, i waited exactly one month from pending research tu submitted and that was in February so it might be more by now. Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the input guys. Unfortunately this was one of the receivers that have the faint serial numbers and Interport markings etched on the right side of the receiver. When the builder who built the receiver into a G3 clone, the park/paint job makes the serial numbers/markings hard to see (they don't photograph that well). I guess I could try the FMP marking on the left side.

Sponsored Links