How do I make the SP5K into a sear-ready host? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How do I make the SP5K into a sear-ready host?

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
    On a personal note, I'm just trying to avoid voiding the warranty. And grinding on the receiver just seemed like something a company like HK would be picky about.
    That makes perfect sense!
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
    Shifts it where, rearward or down?

In my case it shifts it downward, making the hole want to line up at the rear, just about 1/4" low. I can put some pressure on it to almost get it there but don't want that sustained stress on the gun. The problem, in my case, is similar to yours in that the grip case will fit fine without the trigger pack installed. That's because the top edge of the trigger pack forms a mating edge against the bottom part of the receiver, and that's what is causing the interference. Take out the trigger pack and the interference goes away. But the gun isn't very useful like that.
    It shifts it downward just barely enough that the pin won't go through.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oicani View Post
    Are we worried about converting a SP5K to a post sample machine gun? Let’s revisit what this means… "...weapons that shoot, are designed to shoot, or can readily be restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot without manual reloading by a single function of the trigger." In this instance removing a pin will not constitute the creation of a Machine Gun as you cannot fit an unmodified FA trigger pack. I repeat you will not fit one onto this gun.

Next point, let’s not lose sight that there are these asinine requirement of "Sporting" that need to be meet before an any firearm can be imported. Without those modifications, the guns are not importable. Once in country and in your possession do you think they will export them out of the country?

The older MKEK and the Zenith MKEs, have cut the trigger box to fit the shelf with a removed trip lever, but the sear is still present. This should tell you a lot about the "Sporting" requirements! As long as you do not remove their semi shelf, than an unmodified FA trigger pack will not fit either. The rear f/a carrier block is another issue similar to the pin on the SP5K, but VERY different! It seems a few people have removed their carrier blocks on their MKEs believing as long as you have made it an SBR with 922r parts, than you are good to go, but I strongly disagree. If this is done, than you should remove the forward push pin hole and install a classic wrap around shelf similar to what was installed on the older SP89 and HK94.

…. SO please tell me what law is being broken by removing the pin? In the end there isn't an issue with removing the carrier pin on the SP5K and SG please correct me if I'm out of line here.
    As an internet Non-lawyer, I can't really comment on the law.

All I know is that if you're going to make any changes to the receiver then don't post about it on public internet boards.

I really don't see a problem with it, but it's there for a reason, whether by mandate of the ATF or by HK to ensure import approval by ATF, and I'd rather not deal with changing the receiver when doing what Mike Otte does is a simple operation: mill the top off a full auto carrier. Or buy a SP5K specific carrier.

My preference always is: no permanent changes to the receiver. It's the expensive part.

It's easy to take off that little nub, but it's hard to put it back on.
    HK Urbach MP5K-N with SWR QD3K
    Fleming Registered Sear
    Dakota Tactical D54P pistol
    HK USP Tactical w/ Gemtech SOS 45 (ret), Silencerco Osprey 45
    Michael's Machines MM23E
    HK VP9
    Powershot P5 Pistol
    HK SP5K
    Black USC Carbine

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

I get it, but this kind of issue has been hatched out over and over again. What gets me is how some will advise you of what's "correct" because they are trying to make a buck. I've see enough examples to know the differences, but to each their own.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Well it's done. The SEF grip with my pack fits just tight enough to make it a solid high quality feel. I'll post a photo tomorrow. The modified bolt group is all good as well. About 30 minutes for the bolt carrier last night and another 30 for the grip tonight. Looking forward to testing it in full auto soon.
    "Sometimes change sucks."- Anne Frank

Reloading: A low impact exercise with a high impact payoff.

Take your wife or GF to the range more. If you want her to get the bug, you've got to expose her to the disease.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Here it is all together:

And with the sear installed, and all the other goodies:
    Last edited by retrodog; 09-22-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Want to switch to Spec contoured housing when available for mine. How do you get the trigger box out of the housing on an SP5K as the selectors on mine don't rotate up.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnMe View Post
    Want to switch to Spec contoured housing when available for mine. How do you get the trigger box out of the housing on an SP5K as the selectors on mine don't rotate up.
    See this video
    https://youtu.be/nPrFg3RlIpo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SEAINC View Post
    Thanks Sir!

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

You mention switch to contoured housing so I assume SEF. SP5k has ambi pack not compatible with SEF housing.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links