Can I put a G36K stock on my USC/UMP ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can I put a G36K stock on my USC/UMP ?

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Default Can I put a G36K stock on my USC/UMP ?

I really like the look of the G36/G36K stock better than the UMP (HK or B&T) stock and infinitly more than an AR or ACR stock.

So I want to replace my current UMP stock with one or maybe put one on my next USC to UMP conversion. Problem is that the G36 stock has 2 hinge points versus the single (large) hinge on a UMP stock.

G36 stock

UMP stock

And the HDPS stock block B is designed to accomodate the large center hinge point on the UMP stock as shown below, thus will not accommodate a G36 stock...

I thought the "home made" run of ACR adapters made by LeeMajors would be a good alternative to the HDPS block, but they are sold out:
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hkpro-gro...-hk-stock.html

They look like this, so the appear to be compatible with a G36 stock, but who knows for sure...

My concern with those adapters is actually on the locking side - as it's not clear that the Buttstock Locking Piece from the G36 stock would interface properly with that adapter (where the blue arrow is pointing inside the red circle)

Now, HKParts has a G36 Demilled Rear Receiver Section that I suppose could be fuzed onto a UMP, but that item is out of stock.
    https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-G...62mm+-p743.htm

So the only option I can come up with is to buy one of these $295 HDPS SL8 to G36 stock blocks...

...and then have an expert like @tbostic (Tom Bostic) or Joe at Dakota Tactical ( @Chopstix Kid ) magic fuse the stock block into the USC upper receiver, perhaps with some metal plates and brackets for support similar to SMGLee's work on an SL8 in this 2007 thread https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-g...rsion-pix.html and pictured below

Any thoughts on these or other options that would allow me to mount a G36 stock on a USC/UMP Conversion?
    Last edited by omega21; 09-06-2016 at 01:27 AM.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Well if you want one of the UMP adapters that Lee Majors made I bought one a long while back with the pin and never used or even mounted it. Give me a PM and let me know.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Anyone know if the ACR adapters made by LeeMajors would work with a G36 stock?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Contact Tom Bostic.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tom Bostic rules!
    USP9, VP9, USC, UMP (Bostic), G36 (Bostic)

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

interested as well.....
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Default Can I put a G36K stock on my USC/UMP ?

It can be done. While I haven't tried graphing a G36 stock onto an UMP stock stub, I did plastic weld a SL8 stock stub to a G36 stock.

Here's my thread on how I did it and what the rifle looks like today:
    This is My SL8

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url...8&share_type=t
    Last edited by Oicani; 09-12-2016 at 04:49 PM.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

@omega21 - I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Lee Majors ACR/UMP stock adapter won't work with the G36 stock, I think even with heavy modification. The angle of the ACR stock hinges are canted forward 10-degrees so that when the stock is folded it clears the ejection port or the ACR for shooting the firearm with the stock folded. HK designed the G36 so that cases can eject through the G36 stock when folded, so it folds straight. The hinges don't mate up correctly as well.

Last edited by Mr.Maim; 09-12-2016 at 06:16 PM.

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Maim View Post
    @omega21 - I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the Lee Majors ACR/UMP stock adapter won't work with the G36 stock, I think even with heavy modification. The angle of the ACR stock hinges are canted forward 10-degrees so that when the stock is folded it clears the ejection port or the ACR for shooting the firearm with the stock folded. HK designed the G36 so that cases can eject through the G36 stock when folded, so it folds straight. The hinges don't mate up correctly as well.

That looks like a simple job for the dremel... just kidding! Thanks @Mr.Maim So what I'm not clear on with your post is whether or not the G36 stock CAN be mated to the UMP at all. Obviously needs a different way to connect to the receiver than the LeeMajors block, but does the 10 degree angle preclude some other solution. Any thoughts on what else might work?
    @Oicani - thanks for the pic. I remember the mess you made with that plastic weld job. This is Tom Bostic level stuff, so I wanted to explore options before going to see the Oracle at Bostic.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    So what I'm not clear on with your post is whether or not the G36 stock CAN be mated to the UMP at all. Obviously needs a different way to connect to the receiver than the LeeMajors block, but does the 10 degree angle preclude some other solution. Any thoughts on what else might work?
    The 10-degree forward tilt I think would eliminate the Lee Majors stock block, not sure about the HPDS block though. I'm digging out all my G36 parts and accessories to I'll report back tomorrow (Tuesday).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links