So this little guy came in the other day......... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So this little guy came in the other day.........

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Congrats on getting your 9K out of jail. If you switch to a Griffin Armament 3-lug adapter (or Rugged), you'll cut down the overall length even more. The GA mount also has a stronger spring compared with the Silencerco mount and seems to be a more solid attachment.
    You do loose some suppression and you can tell, but not a ton. I got a SICO coupler as well for this reason. The GA and Rugged couplers take up the blast chamber room.. I still prefer the GA or Rugged couplers!!

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JNAP94 View Post
    I bought both 2 OMEGA 9ks and 1 Rugged Obsidian all 3 came back approved 2 weeks ago. I also have the GA Revo 9mm. Funny, I had just bought Rugged Tri Lug Couplers and they came in on Thursday and Stamps came in Friday..
    Curious if you don't mind sharing. How long was the wait on those stamps?

OP. That a nice lookin' setup.
    One day Buddah was sitting under a tree.
    A knight walked up and said: "You look like a Pig."
    Buddah replied: "And you look like a god."
    The knight, obviously puzzled asked: "What makes you say that?"
    Buddah replied: "My son, we see in others what we see in ourselves."

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heheheyoshi View Post
    Curious if you don't mind sharing. How long was the wait on those stamps?

OP. That a nice lookin' setup.
    3/15/16 SOT Mailed all 3 (on Trust)
    10/15/16 Stamped as Approved
    10/28/16 Arrived in Mail (approximate date as they could have come a day or two earlier)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKSIGslinger View Post
    I get that. Ultimately for me the whole modular thing is an inconvenience. Also, I'm of the mindset that I don't want to swap out boosters for 3-lug adapters and so on at the range. This can will be dedicated to my MP5 and my Octane can be used on my USP and P226 without having to swap anything out to fit my hosts. If I were to do it all over again I probably would have bought 2 Omega 9K's. But they weren't out when I bought the Octane. I don't feel like the Omega is sacrificing anything.

The Obsidian is an awesome suppressor btw! I had the opportunity to handle and fire one. I just don't see myself changing the configuration all the time. I'd either leave it long or short.
    My priority is on cost. I plan on having one pistol suppressor and one rifle suppressor, done. Maybe a third in .22 if I ever end up getting a Ruger 10/22 or something. I see the convenience of not having to swap stuff around, and if the hearing protection act ever gets anywhere I'll likely follow suit with your model. But for now, it'll only go on one gun per range session and for the most part stay at full length. I'll shorten it if necessary to fit on the nightstand (really a cubby hole in the headboard).

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Klaustrophobia:

SilencerCo is running a special price for law enforcement, current military and those Vets with a DD214 (Honorable Discharge) between
    now and year end. Purchased one for about $300 less than MSRP so its a good suppressor and good deal, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wow that's awesome! I've been wanting to get a mini can for a while now. Might have to do it!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HkCHUCK View Post
    Klaustrophobia:

SilencerCo is running a special price for law enforcement, current military and those Vets with a DD214 (Honorable Discharge) between
    now and year end. Purchased one for about $300 less than MSRP so its a good suppressor and good deal, too.

WOW! I missed that boat. Got mine a little to early.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKSIGslinger View Post
    A Silencerco Omega 9K! I absolutely love this little can! I wanted one as soon as they were released but wanted an MP5 for a host because I didn't want to use it as a pistol can. I have an Octane 9 to serve that role. I have an MKE that I'm going to Form 1 when I mail off the Form 4 for this can. I know there are threads about this can but man is this thing small. I expected it to be small and I was still shocked while handling it. The suppression is really impressive for its size. Like I said, I'm super pumped. My dealer who is a good friend loved it and so did several patrons at the shop who I let shoot with it. It was a good day!

Attachment 72089
    Thats a nice looking can. I debated between this and the Octane 45. Ultimately i went diverse and got the Oct 45. Great choice. Looks fatty than the standard 9m can?

PROUD ASA MEMBER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K5GHOST View Post
    Thats a nice looking can. I debated between this and the Octane 45. Ultimately i went diverse and got the Oct 45. Great choice. Looks fatty than the standard 9m can?
    It is. Silencerco made up for the lost internal volume by giving the Omega 9K more girth. The Octane series such as my 9 and your 45 is 1.25" in diameter. The Omega 9K is 1.5" in diameter but still retains a 9mm size exit bore. This suppressor is not serviceable but it takes a long time to fill up a 9mm can, especially if you use total metal jacket rounds. Could always be thrown into an ultrasonic cleaner with purple power if need be.

As many have addressed the Octane series and Omega 9K are compatible with other 3-lug mounts. My issue is that you lose area in the expansion chamber by using internal 3-lugs. Also, during extensive firing when things start to heat up the blast baffle will take more of a beating. Given that you can't simply move baffles around as they wear I want to take care of that first baffle lol. Lastly, once you get some carbon built up the internal 3-lugs can be more difficult to remove and clean. I shoot mostly suppressed and once this Form 1 and From 4 are approved this thing will get used often.

My USP Tac 9 and Octane 9 have seen over 2,000 rounds of use this year. I also have a Savage FVSR that has seen 7-8 bricks of .22 with my Sparrow attached since last October. The Sparrow is coming up on 4 years of ownership and I know it has well over 10,000 rounds through it. And an FYI to those looking at .22 cans I still believe the Sparrow is top dog. I clean it every 3,000 rounds and after all these years and with extensive use it no longer has the dreaded first round pop with standard velocity CCI that everyone dogs it for. I have a few hosts and a centerfire rifle can as well. At this point in my life if I can't suppress it I probably won't buy it.
    Last edited by HKSIGslinger; 11-15-2016 at 12:35 AM.
    HK addict in constant search for a cure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I did the same thing with my octane 45, have both mounts ( SiCo and GA) waiting as well for my Omega 9K to come back from NFA jail, i should actually call and and check, I believe mine was mailed end of march, start of april if i'm remembering correctly, hope I'm getting close, it'd be a nice Christmas Surprise!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links