HK416/MR556 Compatability With NFA Lower
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HK416/MR556 Compatability With NFA Lower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HK416/MR556 Compatability With NFA Lower

Hi Gang!

Just read that Uncle Sam's Misguided Children are going forward with the M27. Good enough for me. I have a NFA M-16 style lower. Would love to put HK on top (God that sounds kinky!). The question is... will the full auto still function?

Thanks in advance for any information you have!

Cheers!

Dguildguy
    HK G3A3
    HK VP70Z
    USP 45 Tactical

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Try to get your hands on the 416A5, they were re-designed to work excellently with 3rd party AR lowers/uppers. Civilian product line models will not work with FA/Burst lowers/uppers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was afraid of that. HK being their usual dork selves in that regard. I've seen two 416 uppers for sale so far, one was $4K the other $5K. Practically need to sell the NFA lower to afford the upper.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dguildguy View Post
    I was afraid of that. HK being their usual dork selves in that regard. I've seen two 416 uppers for sale so far, one was $4K the other $5K. Practically need to sell the NFA lower to afford the upper.
    I would happily give you 5K for the lower.
    HK-91, HK-93, USC/UMP Conversion, SL8, G36C, HK45, HK45C, VP9, P30L, USPC 9mm, DJ Getz 94, Omega MP5SD, Vector 53, Vector 51, Cetme Sporter, C93, C93 Pistol, TD-415 (416 Clone), GSG9 416C clone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I put a 416 upper on my m16a1 lower works great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I poked around with this idea for a while and eventually (upon recommendations here) went with an LWRC 10.5" upper for my M16 rr. Overall, teh cost to take an MR556 upper, mod it to run FA got to be somewhat cost prohibitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know I considered this as well for my Hydromatic M16 RR but then kind of sat back and rethought. I've actually gone the other way the last few years on my uppers - started out with pricey PWS uppers and then realized I was burning up the barrel shooting paper with cheap ammo at 25 yards on a range. Short of a zombie apocalypse, it would be the last weapon I'd grab for serious defense. Like why? Got a screaming deal on a Colt upper <$500 and shoot it until it smokes. I think the HK 416 is just my unhealthy fascination (gun addiction) with high speed gear writ large. At any rate, love to have one but not at these prices. Matt

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ATL_Matt View Post
    You know I considered this as well for my Hydromatic M16 RR but then kind of sat back and rethought. I've actually gone the other way the last few years on my uppers - started out with pricey PWS uppers and then realized I was burning up the barrel shooting paper with cheap ammo at 25 yards on a range. Short of a zombie apocalypse, it would be the last weapon I'd grab for serious defense. Like why? Got a screaming deal on a Colt upper <$500 and shoot it until it smokes. I think the HK 416 is just my unhealthy fascination (gun addiction) with high speed gear writ large. At any rate, love to have one but not at these prices. Matt
    Agreed, I purchased several 6920 uppers for 500.00 each and burn them up. I only test fired the HK416 10.4" upper, save it for later. But it did work great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by x50plt View Post
    Agreed, I purchased several 6920 uppers for 500.00 each and burn them up. I only test fired the HK416 10.4" upper, save it for later. But it did work great.
    No question the 416 is the all that and a bag of chips when it comes to uppers - I on the other hand suffer from old age, low metabolism and too many chips so I'm forced to leave it for the HK collectors and high speed, low drag gents with bad attitudes ;-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links