Sear prices stalling/falling?? - Page 38

View Poll Results: Will sear prices rise above 2016 prices, remain flat, or reduce in price for 2017?

Voters
112. This poll is closed
  • Reduce to $20's

35 31.25%
  • Exceed the $30k price of 2016

40 35.71%
  • Remain flat/neutral

37 33.04%
Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Sear prices stalling/falling??

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

@Neo-Geo and @fargo007 I am renaming you guys Hanz an Franz keeping with the HK German theme here.............where are all the HK sears? The shortage is happening sooner than I thought it would.......

HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    This is honestly the single strangestest thread I've seen since I started following HKPro in the late 90s.
    It's certainly getting there. But then again I was the one saying it should be closed about 6 pages back:)
    NRA Benefactor Member
    NFATCA Member

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

@Neo-Geo you make one of my points. There are fewer sears on the market now, because everyone stopped buying at $35K. But.....I guess we'll just have to wait and watch.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    @Neo-Geo you make one of my points. There are fewer sears on the market now, because everyone stopped buying at $35K. But.....I guess we'll just have to wait and watch.
    So $35k was the magic number? everyone said if I cant sell at $35k I am picking up my marbles and going home? Or as I see it everyone who was selling a sear sold theirs and now the Dry spell is coming like it did/has on DIAS's and more an more buyers will be competing for fewer and fewer available Sears for sale that is what we are seeing because all the F' u money guys I know are buying but they are not selling.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No kidding, this latest gym crap is nuts................................not sure what it has to do with the price of HK sears.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

It had to do with all of the imaginary beer bets being placed. I was trying to explain how betting with $ makes it a wee bit more interesting, + it can motivate people to try new feats. In this case, a bet isn't really a motivator to try harder at anything but rather a display of one's confidence (putting your money where your mouth is), and you get that oh sh*# factor. It’s easy to say something, but I imagine that most anyone would be more comfortable betting $ on higher machine gun prices in the future rather than lower. Its along the risk vs. reward of betting $ against stocks (shorting), by traditional methods. When you short a stock, the most you can gain is a 100% return if the company goes completely under, shares to 0. In contrast, the sky's the limit for your returns for being long, exponentially so. Tho there are exceptions to that, you can buy calls of leveraged inverse ETFs or puts on leveraged long ETFs and see exponential returns by betting against the market. During the flash crash of 2010 when the DOW fell 1,010.14 points, my entire Ameritrade portfolio was 100% allocated to bear options betting against the market, position that were taken just days prior. During crash day, all options were in the money and every few seconds a refresh showed a portfolio movement of a couple or so 2016/2017 priced sears. Now imagine how indifferent I would have felt if I only had an imaginary beer bet on the line.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content Hidden Content . Hidden Content 7/14/2016.
    Check cleared 7/18/2016. Approved 6/16/2017. Stamps delivered 7/6/2017.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Geo View Post
    It had to do with all of the imaginary beer bets being placed. I was trying to explain how betting with $ makes it a wee bit more interesting, + it can motivate people to try new feats. In this case, a bet isn't really a motivator to try harder at anything but rather a display of one's confidence (putting your money where your mouth is), and you get that oh sh*# factor. It’s easy to say something, but I imagine that most anyone would be more comfortable betting $ on higher machine gun prices in the future rather than lower. Its along the risk vs. reward of betting $ against stocks (shorting), by traditional methods. When you short a stock, the most you can gain is a 100% return if the company goes completely under, shares to 0. In contrast, the sky's the limit for your returns for being long, exponentially so. Tho there are exceptions to that, you can buy calls of leveraged inverse ETFs or puts on leveraged long ETFs and see exponential returns by betting against the market. During the flash crash of 2010 when the DOW fell 1,010.14 points, my entire Ameritrade portfolio was 100% allocated to bear options betting against the market, position that were taken just days prior. During crash day, all options were in the money and every few seconds a refresh showed a portfolio movement of a couple or so 2016/2017 priced sears. Now imagine how indifferent I would have felt if I only had an imaginary beer bet on the line.
    Thanks for the treatise on beer vs money vs shorting stocks vs going long vs shorting leveraged securities vs how you timed the market in 2010....NOT!

Geez
    Browning, Maxim, Vickers
    Belt-Fed & Water-Cooled
    Real Machineguns

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you guys think Binary triggers will have an impact on sear prices?

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Geo View Post
    I (by participation) diverted this with the physical fitness stuff which I know is 99% unwelcome talk in the class III community, but I totally understand what you mean.

Guys, here's the biscuits 'n gravy talk: Sears are a commodity. When you buy one, it's EXACTLY like buying a stock. Buying a stock is like making a bet. This is why we fuss over the price just the tiniest bit....... Only 38 pages worth so far.

No disrespect, everyone digests the same freezer burnt hot dog differently but his analogy rang clear as a bell to me in that respect.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson184 View Post
    Do you guys think Binary triggers will have an impact on sear prices?
    The people who are interested in those binary triggers are the same group that buy SIG braces and slide fire stocks. You can bet It'll have no impact on the sear market.

Page 38 of 65 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links