Sear prices stalling/falling?? - Page 5

View Poll Results: Will sear prices rise above 2016 prices, remain flat, or reduce in price for 2017?

Voters
112. This poll is closed
  • Reduce to $20's

35 31.25%
  • Exceed the $30k price of 2016

40 35.71%
  • Remain flat/neutral

37 33.04%
Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Sear prices stalling/falling??

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

This slight slow down tends to occur every year about this time before taxes are due. It's an annual cycle. Also, in the last 4-6 months there has been a glut of sears on the market. In addition, I think panic buying fatigue has set in, as buyers and potential buyers take a long overdue breath of relief after 8 years of obama and the recent prospect of Hillary as potus. With Trump as potus, the perception that our 2a rights are safe means fewer people are scrambling to buy. And many are seeing their CC statements; the end result of the "better buy it before Hilary is in office" mentality.

Wait until after taxes, wait through the standard summer slump, and let's see what happens in the holiday run up...I bet we will see continued strong appreciation of sears and frames.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    This slight slow down tends to occur every year about this time before taxes are due. It's an annual cycle. Also, in the last 4-6 months there has been a glut of sears on the market. In addition, I think panic buying fatigue has set in, as buyers and potential buyers take a long overdue breath of relief after 8 years of obama and the recent prospect of Hillary as potus. With Trump as potus, the perception that our 2a rights are safe means fewer people are scrambling to buy. And many are seeing their CC statements; the end result of the "better buy it before Hilary is in office" mentality.

Wait until after taxes, wait through the standard summer slump, and let's see what happens in the holiday run up...I bet we will see continued strong appreciation of sears and frames.
    Jsurowitz:

THANK YOU for a well thought out, and educated statement!!!!
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

This guy knows what he's talking about!
    Thumbs up!

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    First....I know....I know....I know. This is not the first time it's been said. However, in watching the recent sales over the last 30-60 days....it looks like we may be on a backward move, especially with a new administration. For those that have been watching as well....what say you? Thanks for the input

The overall gun market was on a tear for the last year, Clinton as POTUS, ATF 41F, you name it. Those uncertainties are now gone, the market will take time to settle. This is now a buying opportunity. Get in, or sit and watch as you prefer.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coolhand View Post
    This guy knows what he's talking about!
    Thumbs up!

Thank you!!!!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK556WI View Post
    And buying anything from Frank is a total crap shoot. Not to mention his brother Machinegun Ray. Two douches in a pod.
    Ouch I just recently made a purchase from Frank. What should I be concerned about?

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ig720 View Post
    Ouch I just recently made a purchase from Frank. What should I be concerned about?
    He sells things that he does not have in his possession. That fact that he uses his inflated shipping charges to cover his GB fees on his auctions. That fact that he is a douche. I think that covers it unless you need to know what a nozzle is?
    Lighting the Darkness

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm thinking it's all nfa and even class 1 stuff is down in sales. 41f had everyone and their sister putting everything they could into their trust/etc. Then you had the fear of Obama doing something right before he left office with the strong possibility Hillary was going into office. Now look at the massive layoffs from silco, look at the fantastic deals on 40, I had not watched the price real close but on mr762 before sandy hook a good price was $3300, I think that price has held true to being a good price to this day. Now their is that dealer trying to blow out the enventory At 3500 with suppressor. Look at the sales people are putting on just to try to continue sales. The major difference is transferable aren't being made, but their is a very noticeable drop across the whole industry. I like hearing dealers say yes form fours are running 8-9 months. Bull sticks!!! With everything that flooded atf before 41f. Sears may drop, if someone needs to unload one, They will only take a hit if it just got transferred to them. Outside that they are safe.
    Last edited by Johoevasmatrix; 03-20-2017 at 03:26 AM.
    HK's make me smile!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

And this one, where he wouldn't take $33K......, He barely got above $28k. I agree, and think we are seeing a correction, especially since DLO's were fetching $35K six months ago.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/624992094

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK556WI View Post
    He sells things that he does not have in his possession. That fact that he uses his inflated shipping charges to cover his GB fees on his auctions.
    This ^^^^

Page 5 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links