Sear prices stalling/falling?? - Page 57

View Poll Results: Will sear prices rise above 2016 prices, remain flat, or reduce in price for 2017?

Voters
112. This poll is closed
  • Reduce to $20's

35 31.25%
  • Exceed the $30k price of 2016

40 35.71%
  • Remain flat/neutral

37 33.04%
Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Thread: Sear prices stalling/falling??

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    As far as me personally, I won't purchase a Sear. I thought about it for a long time but felt that paying a premium just because something was unlawfully banned along with additional taxes- would defy everything I am as a man.
    7n6
    The returns are mostly based on a limited supply and a lot of manipulation by a small amount of NFA dealers and peer pressure from other owners with emotional attachments to justify their purchase as an investment. It's almost a case study in herd mentality and I notice the emotional attachment aspect isn't that much different than those cult like wack jobs who horded Beanie-Babies in the 1990's believing those prices to increase forever.

On the Beanie-Baby Pro Forum;
    "A beanie baby rare giraffe just sold for $400 on E-bay last week!". "Well I saw one sell for $250 on Amazon just the other day". "That wasn't a desirable rare giraffe series, that was a common giraffe- clearly it's not in the same league." "Look a beanie baby dealer has some rare giraffe's listed for $450 so that means the market is now at $450." "Look at my chart and graph I made tracking beanie baby prices going up up up!"

Then one day, no one cared, perhaps some other item came along, or the reality that a sack shaped stuffed animal filled with plastic beads isn't worth sh*t. Same applies here. A law could change limiting transfer-ability, opening the registry, or severely curtailing the configuration of the host firearms- all of which would be detrimental to NFA prices. Sweeping changes in gun laws have happened in recent years at State levels limiting transfer-ability, configurations, or magazine capacity along with changes at the Federal level limiting importation or components. So no, it's a huge amount of risk to take if you are strictly looking at this as an investment given it's marginal mostly hype inflated returns.

Basically if you just like running mag after mag going brrrrp brrrp with the "OMG it spins" smile on your face- then buy a Sear and have fun. However don't attempt to justify it as an investment- we're not your wife or your conscience that you have to fool as to why you paid $35K for an $8 piece of metal.

7n6
    Maybe one day, Qualified Manufacturing only- German design.
    You best stick to buying a "Herd" of BB Donkeys not sure you "Qualify" to own a "Real Toy"...............
    Sear prices stalling/falling??-donkey-47085-2.jpg

*Disclaimer* Any resemblance of 7n6 to this beanie is merely coincidental
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

7n6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    You best stick to buying a "Herd" of BB Donkeys not sure you "Qualify" to own a "Real Toy"....

I'm just here to annoy you.

7n6
    Last edited by 7n6; 05-22-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    Qualified and Fleming sears are identical, because they were stamped with the same dies.

Yes! I love my DLO. The registered frames which use all factory FCG parts are the very best option IMO. The mechanics of a pushpin RR with the flexibility of a sear.
    DING! DING! DING! I think we have a winner!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

All jokes aside, an actual financial guy was trying to point out that no- the sear is not an investment. The returns are mostly based on a limited supply and a lot of manipulation by a small amount of NFA dealers and peer pressure from other owners with emotional attachments to justify their purchase as an investment. It's almost a case study in herd mentality and I notice the emotional attachment aspect isn't that much different than those cult like wack jobs who horded Beanie-Babies in the 1990's believing those prices to increase forever.

On the Beanie-Baby Pro Forum;
    "A beanie baby rare giraffe just sold for $400 on E-bay last week!". "Well I saw one sell for $250 on Amazon just the other day". "That wasn't a desirable rare giraffe series, that was a common giraffe- clearly it's not in the same league." "Look a beanie baby dealer has some rare giraffe's listed for $450 so that means the market is now at $450." "Look at my chart and graph I made tracking beanie baby prices going up up up!"

Then one day, no one cared, perhaps some other item came along, or the reality that a sack shaped stuffed animal filled with plastic beads isn't worth sh*t. Same applies here. A law could change limiting transfer-ability, opening the registry, or severely curtailing the configuration of the host firearms- all of which would be detrimental to NFA prices. Sweeping changes in gun laws have happened in recent years at State levels limiting transfer-ability, configurations, or magazine capacity along with changes at the Federal level limiting importation or components. So no, it's a huge amount of risk to take if you are strictly looking at this as an investment given it's marginal mostly hype inflated returns.

Basically if you just like running mag after mag going brrrrp brrrp with the "OMG it spins" smile on your face- then buy a Sear and have fun. However don't attempt to justify it as an investment- we're not your wife or your conscience that you have to fool as to why you paid $35K for an $8 piece of metal.

7n6
    Comparing Beanie-Babies to legal transferable machineguns -- now that's a s t r e t c h!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

brrrrp brrrrp...that's me!!!

We don't pay $35k for a piece of $8 metal, we pay $35k because we like to shoot brrrrp brrrrp and want to stay out of jail (or have no desire to enlist in the Army).

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

A DLO as flexible as a sear, now that is funny. All Factory parts? BFD.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

I'm just here to annoy you.
    Get in line Beanie Baby Hoarder

Quote Originally Posted by maxfaxdude View Post
    Comparing Beanie-Babies to legal transferable machineguns -- now that's a s t r e t c h!
    Look I found out 7n6 as a boy had one of the rarest Beanie Baby's on the planet a Princess Diana (Nobody knew at the time) his Dad found out his son liked to play with Beanies/Dolls and made him donate them to Goodwill he has been Jealous/Resentful of High End Collectors Ever since........I think I tracked down his rare Princess Diana Beanie maybe he will start a GoFundMe Page Save7n6BeanieBaby.com...................
    Sear prices stalling/falling??-7n666.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2654036...FZeEaQod-OIPSw

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

You guys are Sooooo broken.

Has anyone put sears up for sale on GB yet? I swear. The market is in the tank.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    A DLO as flexible as a sear, now that is funny. All Factory parts? BFD.
    The only flexibility a DLO frame lacks is if one wants to use in an ambi frame. But it's a trade off I can live with, because I also own a Fleming sear. :)

In all seriousness, I do like the use of all factory FCG internals. But I'm looking forward to my Fleming sear in a Navy lower. Because....variety.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    The only flexibility a DLO frame lacks is if one wants to use in an ambi frame. But it's a trade off I can live with, because I also own a Fleming sear. :)

In all seriousness, I do like the use of all factory FCG internals. But I'm looking forward to my Fleming sear in a Navy lower. Because....variety.
    Ok, a DLO pack has a lot of flexibility if it is paired with a sear. :-)

I've never had a part break in any of my sear packs, but if it gives people a warm and fuzzy to have a DLO, cool.

Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links