Sear prices stalling/falling?? - Page 8

View Poll Results: Will sear prices rise above 2016 prices, remain flat, or reduce in price for 2017?

Voters
112. This poll is closed
  • Reduce to $20's

35 31.25%
  • Exceed the $30k price of 2016

40 35.71%
  • Remain flat/neutral

37 33.04%
Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Sear prices stalling/falling??

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caf82313 View Post
    I assume you mean this one? http://www.gunbroker.com/item/627316959 #1 That JC Sear is one of the least desirable sears out there #2 look at that listing fuzzy photos, picture of a Lighting Link........$17500 is no indication of where the "Real Sear Market" is based on this particular auction..........

You are completely wrong. A JC sear is NOT one of the least desirable sears out there, it IS the least desirable sear on the market (however, JC is one of the least desirable human beings out there).

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    You are completely wrong. A JC sear is NOT one of the least desirable sears out there, it IS the least desirable sear on the market (however, JC is one of the least desirable human beings out there).
    Lol sorry did not want to be that hard on the Sear because as you know I am in Denial.................
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Lol sorry did not want to be that hard on the Sear because as you know I am in Denial.................
    Isn't that an SUV made by GMC?

Oh, Denial! That's where all the Hillary supporters are (and Cowboy fans).

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hahahha you're so funny! :)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I assume you mean this one? http://www.gunbroker.com/item/627316959 #1 That JC Sear is one of the least desirable sears out there #2 look at that listing fuzzy photos, picture of a Lighting Link........$17500 is no indication of where the "Real Sear Market" is based on this particular auction..........
    OK, I see it's not the "sear" I thought. I just don't see them bringing 30k plus right now. It doesn't really matter to me I already own 1 and I'm a 07/02. So I can own posty's. I think they, like all NFA items will continue to go up in the long run. There are ups and downs in the market, but overall it has gone up since I got my FFL in 1987. A lot of good info in this thread.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

yup......last June this would have no problem breaking $25K......slipping or correction.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/627316959

I know.....I know....I know, like all the other examples, it's the least desirable.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Now we're at $27,001 stopping point rather than mid $30's, and this IS the desirable sear.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/628556424

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    yup......last June this would have no problem breaking $25K......slipping or correction.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/627316959

I know.....I know....I know, like all the other examples, it's the least desirable.
    If you know,know,know why keep ReHashing? You have been told by the Grandfather Suds why............Personally I would not give you $15k for that sear unless I could sell it back to you at $20k
    It was probably some shill bidding it up to the $25k to begin with this is real old news on the JC Sear last year there was one that took forever to sell Hell this may be it Educated Sear buyers are not interested in this one...........He is hoping for a Newbie to jump on it.........

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Now we're at $27,001 stopping point rather than mid $30's, and this IS the desirable sear.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Item/628556424
    Your at the $27k stopping point? Why? You do realize it ended at 9:11am and he offered up yesterday to end the auction early for $31,900 so why would you Assume that is not what happened? So what does that do to your theory at $31,900?
    Sear prices stalling/falling??-mp5sd.png

Not sure what your end game is here beating this dead horse................................
    Sear prices stalling/falling??-dh.gif

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

If you know,know,know why keep ReHashing? You have been told by the Grandfather Suds why............Personally I would not give you $15k for that sear unless I could sell it back to you at $20k
    It was probably some shill bidding it up to the $25k to begin with this is real old news on the JC Sear last year there was one that took forever to sell Hell this may be it Educated Sear buyers are not interested in this one...........He is hoping for a Newbie to jump on it.........

Your at the $27k stopping point? Why? You do realize it ended at 9:11am and he offered up yesterday to end the auction early for $31,900 so why would you Assume that is not what happened? So what does that do to your theory at $31,900?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MP5SD.PNG 
Views:	139 
Size:	172.4 KB 
ID:	102162

Not sure what your end game is here beating this dead horse................................
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH.gif 
Views:	123 
Size:	786.3 KB 
ID:	102170
    Because it would have said "sold"...it was scheduled to end yesterday.

I like this horse

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehicken View Post
    OK, I see it's not the "sear" I thought. I just don't see them bringing 30k plus right now. It doesn't really matter to me I already own 1 and I'm a 07/02. So I can own posty's. I think they, like all NFA items will continue to go up in the long run. There are ups and downs in the market, but overall it has gone up since I got my FFL in 1987. A lot of good info in this thread.
    There has to be a practical limit on the increase, though, I would think. At some point (not that we are near it yet, I don't believe), its going to be cheaper to get an 07/02, even with ITAR thrown in, and pay for it for the rest of your life to keep your post samples instead of paying for a transferable. Especially, if you form a corporation with a couple of buddies and split the cost.

I just ran the numbers and looking at the FFL cost, the SOT 02 cost, and ITAR, you are looking at about $89k over 30 years (roughly $3k a year). Split that with a few friends and you each and "build" a full auto registered post sample trigger pack and an M16 (about $400 to get both of them, if that) and you are looking at less than the cost of an HK sear to have 2 machine guns, with that cost spread out over 30 years.

Now, of course, the longer you live the more expensive it gets, but then again, the more machine gun post samples you make, the cheaper it gets per gun.

Still, there is more hassle to it than that, of course, having to maintain a business during that time, keeping records and business hours. But, as costs sky rocket for transferables, I imagine it becomes a lot more palatable.

Page 8 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links