HKPRO Forums banner

Will sear prices rise above 2016 prices, remain flat, or reduce in price for 2017?

• Reduce to $20's

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • Exceed the $30k price of 2016

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Remain flat/neutral

Votes: 37 33.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sear prices stalling/falling??

79K views 644 replies 71 participants last post by  diesel1959 
#1 ·
First....I know....I know....I know. This is not the first time it's been said. However, in watching the recent sales over the last 30-60 days....it looks like we may be on a backward move, especially with a new administration. For those that have been watching as well....what say you? Thanks for the input

#214 ·
If you read the news, congress is working legislatively to keep from shutting down the whole USG -- and given limited time it will go right down to the wire. If anyone thinks they are going to bring up NFA reform in the next year, I have a big bag of magic HK drill bits I am ready to let go at a great price...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#217 ·
Exactly or what about the change on Wipes?

I was talking with a friend of mine the other day. Manufacturer and still sells Retail one of the only "New" Transferable Machine Guns out there, he put into a perspective for me, Like can you catch Lighting in a Bottle percentage wise of it happening. He reminded me back in 1986 how many AR15's were out there? As compared today? So I say which Politician/Party is going to hang his/their "Willie Horton Moment" on a reprieve of Hughes to have those millions of AR15's being almost instantly converted to F/A? It would be political Suicide first time one of those Newly Million Converted AR15's killed someone or is used in a crime.........

We are headed into a Perfect Storm there is so much FU Money out there right now guys are just looking for places to spend/dump Stupid Money, with only 175k Transferables on the books and with an attrition rate of 1k per year we could easily see 100k sears within the next 10 years...........................

Blue Cobalt blue Sky Electric blue Glass

#223 ·
Trey

It means a lot to me that you're still thinking of me. :biggrin: He's still too high. The sky fell already....it was on CNN the other day. Once' he's down in the $19K range, I'll drop that %.

#226 ·
Looks like there was a similar discussion about this back in 2008, eleven pages worth.

10-18-2008 #98

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-talk/73691-what-up-hk-sear-prices.html

Yes but if read through that thread the guys are talking about buying brand new Sears for $11500 or $12000. A brand new Sear is rare these days, very rare. Not worth it for a wearable component- not at these prices. I saw a new DLO pack last year for $28K and that would have been worth it.

#262 ·
Somebody had a newer clone MP5 setup with sear for $42.5K under glass at the Creek on Saturday.

#265 ·
As I watched that go through the roof.......I KNEW I'd never hear the end of this one. :biggrin:

However......If that is the direction of sears.....we're all f$%ked.....

But as said before....you can't predict the market off of one sale. I watched that auction, along with a bunch of others, saw some good purchases, and watched some egos get in the way of good business sense. I'd say someone is waking up this morning saying, "Holy crap......did I really get stuck with that?" I mean....$7000.00 buyer's premium??? Comon man

#266 ·
I have limited experience with this auction house but have bid with them some years ago when I was chasing early M1911s. Had my eye on a nice pistol and thought I had a pretty good handle on market value. Was surprised when the auction took off. I don't remember exactly where it ended but it ended up being a pretty high premium I thought at the time. 30 - 40%?

#277 ·
The MP5 was german......Nobody knows what the Sear looks like I talked with their Head Armorer he refused to take it out of the pack kept sending different pictured angles of the pack told him I wanted a Pic of the Registered Sear out of the pack........

It was a 23e, why do you say it was a conversion I'm just curious? Doesn't TSC build their 23's on 91 receivers?

#280 ·
Before I look a purchasing a machinegun, I check out the Machine Gun Price Guide online. From this picture it doesn't appear that HK sears are heading in a downward direction or plateauing. They just seem to go up and up. Barring a significant stock market or housing correction, I foresee machineguns (especially HK sears and RDIASs due to their versatility) continuing to climb outpacing the stockmarket, inflation, real estate and my 401K!

Sears

#281 · (Edited)
I keep reading this thread with interest. I know there are people with multiple sears and other registered machine guns. For me what I love about the HK registered sear is that I have many different hosts that I can pop my sear pack into. I was at Jeff Walters machine gun shoot this past weekend and I was able to shoot multiple hosts in 9 mm, 223, 7.62x39, and 308 by just changing out the ejector on my sear pack and installing it on the host of my choice. For many years parts and the ability to acquire different hosts and builds were difficult. For years my 53 conversion never worked properly. Finally over the past few years I can actually enjoy my sear pack. So for us you take the ability to have so many custom hosts, the parts that we never had are available, and great builders that are there to help us. Combine this with the fact there are just a certain number of sears available and yes the price is going to remain high. It might go down but in the long run it is all about supply and demand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#287 ·
I think 3D televisions will replace conventional TVs, caseless ammo will replace conventional cased ammo, drive-ins will replace conventional movie theaters, guns that can only be shot by their owners will replace conventional guns, and .41 Action Express is the cartridge of the future.

#290 · (Edited)
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.