Sear prices stalling/falling??

View Poll Results: Will sear prices rise above 2016 prices, remain flat, or reduce in price for 2017?

Voters
112. This poll is closed
  • Reduce to $20's

35 31.25%
  • Exceed the $30k price of 2016

40 35.71%
  • Remain flat/neutral

37 33.04%
Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Sear prices stalling/falling??

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Default Sear prices stalling/falling??

First....I know....I know....I know. This is not the first time it's been said. However, in watching the recent sales over the last 30-60 days....it looks like we may be on a backward move, especially with a new administration. For those that have been watching as well....what say you? Thanks for the input
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

If this proves true it will test my resolve of not spending any more large amounts of money for a while.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klaustrophobia View Post
    If this proves true it will test my resolve of not spending any more large amounts of money for a while.
    I know....same here. It's just after going through a lot of the recent transactions, people aren't buying at the $30K mark, and some didn't even break the $25K mark, aside from a couple of unrated buyers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

Unless something chances, I see this as nothing more than a respite in the post finger printing/pictures requirement for trusts. There was a huge buy up and many people jumped into the market. Higher price brought more sears into the market. Buyers have now largely been satisfied. Time to pause. The market settles. Interest rates are going to climb. This is to be expected. Will prices pull back a bit? Of course. A correction? I don't think so.

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Default Sear prices stalling/falling??

Prices are stabilizing. Same thing has happened before in 2015 and before that. I think you need at least 18 months of price data to establish a trend. I'm being conservative with 18 months.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

First of all to have a "True Market Value" there has to be an infinite amount of "A" or the ability to produce an infinite amount of "A". If there is a finite amount of "A" which we know there is 175k, in fact there is an attrition of about 1k of "A" every year. There fore there can be no so called correction of "A".

The recent pull back of prices or lull in buying is nothing more than buyers taking a wait an see approach on Hughes or the potential repeal of Hughes. Which in my opinion has a Snow Balls Chance in HeII of passing but there has been enough Chatter out there that people have taken notice and put a temp hold on buying. Same can be said for suppressors with all the talk of HPA. With the current unpredictability of the current Admin buyers are skittish the uncertainty is whats keeping people from buying once that uncertainty goes away prices will sky rocket past previous levels........

I remember when this article came out ATF May Soon Reclassify Some Machine Guns as "Post Sample" and Non-Transferrable - The Truth About Guns prices dropped a little, nothing more than gloom an doom being preached, we see where that ended up..................

As an investor it is wise to be “Fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.”
    .................................................. .................................................. .......................................Warren Buffet
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Unless something chances, I see this as nothing more than a respite in the post finger printing/pictures requirement for trusts. There was a huge buy up and many people jumped into the market. Higher price brought more sears into the market. Buyers have now largely been satisfied. Time to pause. The market settles. Interest rates are going to climb. This is to be expected. Will prices pull back a bit? Of course. A correction? I don't think so.
    caf82313, for the record, I was not making a prediction.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    caf82313, for the record, I was not making a prediction.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Hey guys

Thanks for the input, and lots of interesting ways to decipher the market. With that, I agree to some extent....with the changes regarding trusts {41f}, uncertainty with NFA/Hughes, interest rates predicted to climb at least two more times this year, in addition to the last 1/4 hike, and new admin.....I really think the market may begin to stagnate this year, leading into next, possibly declining. Again....I'm not an expert, but like a lot of you....I watch this very closely, and I've seen this before.

Any other observations....are welcome. Thanks again for your input.

Banned

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Hey guys

Thanks for the input, and lots of interesting ways to decipher the market. With that, I agree to some extent....with the changes regarding trusts {41f}, uncertainty with NFA/Hughes, interest rates predicted to climb at least two more times this year, in addition to the last 1/4 hike, and new admin.....I really think the market may begin to stagnate this year, leading into next, possibly declining. Again....I'm not an expert, but like a lot of you....I watch this very closely, and I've seen this before.

Any other observations....are welcome. Thanks again for your input.

MG prices are definitely dropping right now!! We all talked, our group of friends had discussed the bubble before the election, remember(some Pro members and some not)? However, it could have went the other direction had Trump not won the election. Only time will tell what happens with prices..

Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links