Thread: Knob creek

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    I went.

Had a squib load with my MP5.

CCI Blazer Brass factory 124 FMJ.

She'll be back in service soon.
    Can you please share details of the squib load? I've always wondered what would happen if this occurred on burst or full auto fire.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I shot the sub gun course as normal, on full auto, as stated above, ammo is CCI Blazer Brass, 124 FMJ, chugging right along, I move to the last position, while shooting it, I have one round that sounded louder than other rounds, fired a couple of more rounds, on full auto, trying to control my trigger as best I can.

We've shot together at Teufelshund, I think you are aware of my abilities.

Fire the next round and BOOM! Right side of the barrel just distal to the receiver has about an inch and a half hole in it. Thankful I was not injured and I wasn't shooting weak handed, I'd probably be alive, but not here at home.

I've shot 10,000 rounds or more of CCI Blazer Brass 124 FMJ just out of this barrel, an RCM less than 2 years old.

My gut told me not to shoot on Saturday, for reasons not related to the squib, that was the last time I ignore it, ever.

Hit up "Bob Darnell" on Facebook, I have photo and video of the whole thing there, have to be friends with me to see it.

Needless to say, scared the hell out of me, but once I get the barrel replaced, I'll be right back at it.

Several of the "Good Guys" on here were in touch with me Saturday afternoon to get it fixed, awesome group of people here.

Now with CCI, that's gonna be another story.....
    Bobby D
    NRA Endowment
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    EMT-B
    KB9RDL

"In einer Welt aus Kompromissen, einige Männer machen keine".

"We bleed hk red!"

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I went on Saturday. I rented a PKM and the full auto Saiga 12 (which had the proper selector with the auto being in the middle).

I picked up a Max Capacity Products 40 round MP5 mag, with Machinegun Tours markings. Supposedly these are good to go, so hopefully I won't have any issues with it.

I took some video of the night shoot:

I'd love to get in with a group and actually be on the line one of these times. For those of you who do that, how did you swing getting a spot? Have you just being doing it forever or are you hooked up with a group/company that has a regular spot?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

MCP LIQ mags are good ones, you did well.

I have no knowledge of how the main line works, been going since Spring 1992 myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Next time you go, go into the office and there is a waiting list. I have been on it for at least 10 years.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Miracles0 View Post
    Next time you go, go into the office and there is a waiting list. I have been on it for at least 10 years.
    HA! I've been on that list since '95. You want to shoot on the line? Go into the office and buy your way on. They regularly pass over the list to accommodate anyone flashing a big wad of bills. Several years ago I checked my position on the list and was pleasantly surprised to hear I was #13. Next spring I checked in again to find I was #33. WTF? I was dropped better than 4 times off the list as they decided to go to computers and couldn't get ahold of me as I had moved. Fixed that after some well publicized bitching only to be dropped again with an upgrade they did. Fixed yet again after some loud discussion in the office. My bud went up to check on HIS spot last year and came back to tell me I wasn't on the list again.

I'm done. Too much bullshit, too many new, restrictive rules, mo' money, and a whole lot less ammo than I had back in '95.
    45acp... turning human garbage into useful fertilizer since 1911

Auf gebeginning to fixin der gun mit grosse busen of der schpritzin lubrication allen over derfukin platz, mit das squirtin and squeezin oil in allen fukinholes.
    Ja, und racken und strokin das bolt as if gecrazygoing, yanken dat handle bak und forth, zwei hunnert times, ja?
    Ist neue, und its needing some brekkin in.
    Zo, BREKKIN ZEFUKIN THING IN!

Certified MM leghumper...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drvais View Post
    Can you please share details of the squib load? I've always wondered what would happen if this occurred on burst or full auto fire.
    Did I answer your questions? I did not see a response from you?

Had an excellent conversation with Mike of Rim Country regarding a new barrel, top marks to them.

CCI is a whole other story, in the "New American way" they are placing blame with everyone else, vs. taking responsibility for their failure. They want all my remaining ammo, they want the barrel, they won't say anything about what they might do for me, just give, give, give. I thought it was a civil conversation with them until I talked to several friends who are long time shooters and reloaders. I'll send CCI a few rounds, but not the whole remaining case, and am not at all comfortable with sending them the barrel after it is removed.

I present this to this forum, for I also respect what you guys have to say, what are your thoughts about this?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

If the photo doesn't link up and you'd like to see the photo, please PM me, my computer fu is weak.

7n6
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Wrong, you need to send them everything they request. Most ammo manufacturers will want the remaining case and the parts or weapon that was destroyed. I wouldn't argue with them, they need to verify that the rounds were theirs and that the barrel was otherwise in great condition or not out of spec. I wouldn't pay anyone a dime who claimed something and just showed some random photos because they have no way of verifying if in fact that was their ammo that was fired. Also why would you want to keep the remaining case of ammo? Doesn't make sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Wrong, you need to send them everything they request. Most ammo manufacturers will want the remaining case and the parts or weapon that was destroyed. I wouldn't argue with them, they need to verify that the rounds were theirs and that the barrel was otherwise in great condition or not out of spec. I wouldn't pay anyone a dime who claimed something and just showed some random photos because they have no way of verifying if in fact that was their ammo that was fired. Also why would you want to keep the remaining case of ammo? Doesn't make sense.

I Thank You for your opinion, Sir.

If CCI can build my level of confidence in them as they have in you, I shall be happy to comply with their request, until such time, I shall manage the situation as I see fit.

For the record, I have not asked them for a dime, nor anything else, nor do I expect to get anything from them regardless.

I contacted them and advised them of the event for I felt they would want to be informed of such an event involving their ammunition.

I regret that you cannot see my position as to how I manage this, again, I thank you for your opinion, Sir.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Getting on the line is a good question. If you just want to get on there and video and look around then Sunday is your best bet. Try to find a group with an extra badge and offer to pay the $100 for it. There is paperwork to do this. Doing this for the night shoot will be tough. If you bring guns and ammo your chances are better. To really up your chance bring 3 to 5 belt feds with 12k to 18k rounds already belted and in cans ready to go. If you bring a m11 and 1k rds not so much. I'm sure you see the diff. Each space is 5.5 feet wide and you get 3 badges with it. $300 for space
    even if only 1 badge is used. Controlling a space and getting it every year is different than getting a badge. Looks like you were behind me more or less in the video. It was a great shoot.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links