Knob creek - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Knob creek

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby D View Post
    I shot the sub gun course as normal, on full auto, as stated above, ammo is CCI Blazer Brass, 124 FMJ, chugging right along, I move to the last position, while shooting it, I have one round that sounded louder than other rounds, fired a couple of more rounds, on full auto, trying to control my trigger as best I can.

We've shot together at Teufelshund, I think you are aware of my abilities.

Fire the next round and BOOM! Right side of the barrel just distal to the receiver has about an inch and a half hole in it. Thankful I was not injured and I wasn't shooting weak handed, I'd probably be alive, but not here at home.

I've shot 10,000 rounds or more of CCI Blazer Brass 124 FMJ just out of this barrel, an RCM less than 2 years old.

My gut told me not to shoot on Saturday, for reasons not related to the squib, that was the last time I ignore it, ever.

Hit up "Bob Darnell" on Facebook, I have photo and video of the whole thing there, have to be friends with me to see it.

Needless to say, scared the hell out of me, but once I get the barrel replaced, I'll be right back at it.

Several of the "Good Guys" on here were in touch with me Saturday afternoon to get it fixed, awesome group of people here.

Now with CCI, that's gonna be another story.....
    Yes, thank you for that response. I'm glad you're OK and that the gun is salvageable

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yeah, not going to be cheap, that's for certain, got a little help on purchase of the new barrel, installation is gonna be another story as well.
    Bobby D
    NRA Endowment
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    EMT-B
    KB9RDL

"In einer Welt aus Kompromissen, einige Männer machen keine".

"We bleed hk red!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wish they would open up 3 spots on the line. Who ever wants on puts there name on the list. When your name comes up you get the spot for one event weekend. If you pass on your turn you go to the bottom of the list.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Tug
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

I would not give up the barrel or the ammo either. Reminds me of the time the VW dealer mechanic did some really redneck wiring on my wife's electric power steering. It failed. I found the bird-nest horror show of wiring. I took it in and laid it on the #1 guy at the dealer. His eyes bugged out. Then he asked to keep the part. I said no, but I would allow him to photograph it, and I would bring it back if necessary.

Take some high def pics of the barrel and send them. Send them a few rounds of ammo. After they send a UPS return label.

Your number one goal should be to help find the cause so that someone else does not get hurt. After that, it is to get square financially.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tug View Post
    I would not give up the barrel or the ammo either. Reminds me of the time the VW dealer mechanic did some really redneck wiring on my wife's electric power steering. It failed. I found the bird-nest horror show of wiring. I took it in and laid it on the #1 guy at the dealer. His eyes bugged out. Then he asked to keep the part. I said no, but I would allow him to photograph it, and I would bring it back if necessary.

Take some high def pics of the barrel and send them. Send them a few rounds of ammo. After they send a UPS return label.

Your number one goal should be to help find the cause so that someone else does not get hurt. After that, it is to get square financially.
    Precisely my position and feeling.

I have sent them photos, I have a DVD made of my run, showing the event occurring.

We'll see where and how this goes, I'll keep the board posted.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links