Need help with UMP barrel threads - pics
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need help with UMP barrel threads - pics

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Default Need help with UMP barrel threads - pics

I just bought this cut down & threaded USC barrel from a fellow member here. The barrel is threaded by unknown with 16X1 LH threads. When I compare the threads to a factory threaded HK USP45 barrel I notice that much more of the USC barrel is threaded than the USP factory barrel. My concern is that when I mount a suppressor (my Obsidian is still at FFL pending ATF approval so I cant verify this myself) the length of the threaded section will not allow the suppressor to rest against the shoulder properly. i.e., the suppressor wont mount all the way against the shoulder because the threaded section is too long. Here are some comparative pics. Please let me know if I'm off base (I'm new to suppressors). If this barrel wont mount a suppressor properly, I will request a refund and return it.

Need help with UMP barrel threads - pics-20170706_164653.jpgNeed help with UMP barrel threads - pics-20170706_164639.jpgNeed help with UMP barrel threads - pics-20170706_164831.jpg
    Last edited by omega21; 07-07-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch till you're ready to bring the hate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Contact Rugged and ask them for the muzzle thread spec they use. They have been very helpful in my experience. Photobucket blocked your photos, btw.
    Someday this war's gonna end...
    - LTC Kilgore

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

Pics are showing up for me, but I attached them because Photobucket now wants me to pay for them to host 3rd party content. Looking for an alternative to PB now... I can give Rugged a call tomorrow.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yeah, I've been down that road. Your suppressor piston won't mount right. My advice- Send it to ADCO and get it done right. Costs like $65.

And to help explain why I know this- Rugged Obsidian can use SilencerCo Octane45/Osprey 45 pistons... my SilencerCo Osprey 45 would not mount correctly when I had my USC barrel threaded the same as shown in your photo.

"Our pistons are propriety in that they do not utilize the slots found in other manufacturers designs. This allows for a full circumference gas seal that eliminates most of the gas blow back common in other pistol suppressors. The Obsidian will work with Octane pistons, however you'll notice a slight increase in blow back due to the slotted pistons."

Chris
    Rugged Suppressors

Taken from: Rugged Obsidian 45 - Page 1 - AR15.COM
    Last edited by gopherboy128; 07-07-2017 at 02:48 AM.
    [Insert Witty Comment Here]

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

yeah when I mounted my Tirant on the this barrel. (I was the one who sold him the barrel) There was still threads visible. I don't know if that is necessarily a bad thing but when I shot it. The suppressor didn't move at all and it didn't affect performance

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

The muzzle is critical for the o ring seal. I can fix that.

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

I called Rugged and left a VM. Let's see what they say. The Total length from shoulder to end of barrel is 10/16" or between 16 and 17mm.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

FYI adco has done two barrels, USC, ump40, plus milled the bolt down. Did great work I have been running the ump40 with kac, USC with every 45 can I got. No problems.
    HK's make me smile!

I Bleed Urban Gray
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)

I know, but I don't want to pay $65 plus shipping for a barrel I bought that was already threaded. Should have been done right the first time.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omega21 View Post
    I know, but I don't want to pay $65 plus shipping for a barrel I bought that was already threaded. Should have been done right the first time.

Correct!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links