Adding Hole to a Registered Receiver MP5
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Adding Hole to a Registered Receiver MP5

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Adding Hole to a Registered Receiver MP5

I'm sure the answer is no, but I'll ask anyways.

Is there any reason a Registered Receiver clip-on/shelf gun could not be converted to a Double Push Pin? The receiver is already a MG and you would not be creating a new MG by adding the forbidden hole.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

According to the ATF you would be manufacturing a post sample machinegun.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CircleSH View Post

Is there any reason a Registered Receiver clip-on/shelf gun could not be converted to a Double Push Pin? The receiver is already a MG and you would not be creating a new MG by adding the forbidden hole.
    You WOULD be creating a new machinegun because you would be able to use a factory pack on the now-pushpin receiver and then also use the original pack from your RR gun on another shelf gun. Get it? There are now two machineguns where before there was only one. BIG no-no.
    Sparkplugs are irrelevant.
    Plenty of HK's and clones.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Can't you destroy the unregistered modified pack for a registered reciever and then have a Smith install the proper push pin hole to use factory auto packs? Send the ATF a message concerning your particle question. They will answer. Probably will say no but worth a shot
    Spent most of my tax return on Hk parts, booze and ammo....the rest I just wasted

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

ATF says a hole is a machine gun. You can't swap one machine gun for another.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CircleSH View Post

If the receiver is already a MG, then sure. But I do not see how it can already be a MG without the hole. Sounds like a "improper registration" issue.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anopstyx View Post
    Can't you destroy the unregistered modified pack for a registered reciever and then have a Smith install the proper push pin hole to use factory auto packs? Send the ATF a message concerning your particle question. They will answer. Probably will say no but worth a shot
    No--you can't destroy the unregistered modified pack and then have a 'smith install a proper pushpin hole. It's not permitted. I believe there was a time when some could do that but it is not permissible.

The fact is that there are registered receiver machineguns that have been converted by having the pack altered and then the pack (with an unnumbered sear device) is forever married to that firearm. That's just the way it was done by some. It is what it is.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks for the info Diesel. I was offered a RR gun at a reasonable price. My grail gun has always been a PP gun. Thought it would be worth looking into.

SH

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

But couldn't you get the ATF to remove those silly restrictions by repealing the Hughes Ammenment in the Firearm Owner's Protection Act of 1986 and then convert it to have 2 machine guns?
    Be excellent to each other.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyWhisper View Post
    But couldn't you get the ATF to remove those silly restrictions by repealing the Hughes Ammenment in the Firearm Owner's Protection Act of 1986 and then convert it to have 2 machine guns?
    Why stop there? While you are at it, repeal the Firearms Act of 1934 and be done with the whole thing.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links