VP9 and P30 w/ 115gr WWB and Rugged Obsidian = No Good
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: VP9 and P30 w/ 115gr WWB and Rugged Obsidian = No Good

  1. #1
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    a_minimalist's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2012
    Posts : 490
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default VP9 and P30 w/ 115gr WWB and Rugged Obsidian = No Good

    Just got back from the range and everything went smoothly with my HK45T. With my P30 and VP9, not so much. I'm hoping you guys could help me diagnose the problem.

    I'll have to ask to bare with my terminology because being that I never shot suppressed and my first guns were an HK45t and P30, I've never experienced a single issue until today.

    So the major issues while shooting suppressed were the gun jamming and when I rack the slide, with some force, an empty casing comes out. The second was a double feed. That cause a bullet to get jammed into the VP9 pretty good and took a bigger RO than I to get it out.

    This is the first time I've ever shot 115gr ammo in 9mm and I'm wondering if that's the issue. Have you guys ever shot this round suppressed and experienced the same issue? Is there a recommended round or gr when shooting suppressed?

    PS, I wouldn't recommend buying a rugged can if you are shooting with HK pistols. I think because they are lh it causes an issue when trying to tighten it. When you tighten the can on the barrel it actually loosens the spring retainer which is very frustrating. You're essentially tightening and loosening at the same time.

  2. #2
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

    Join Date : Jun 2008
    Posts : 1,710
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    I do not have a RO suppressor but I have several other brands. The issue is the ammo, Winchester "suck" box has always been hit or miss with me. I know plenty of people shoot it, but I have a lot more issues with it as compared to Federal ammo. The only Winchester Ammo I use is 124 NATO, but I don't recommend it in a handgun.

  3. #3
    Quietly Making Noise
    flacracker's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Location : Fl Gulf Coast
    Age : 62
    Posts : 49
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    I usually shoot 124gr or 147gr when running my VP9 suppressed. I've never had an issue running it suppressed with American Eagle 115gr, but subsonic loads are the quietist.
    Tom

    SAR/SCV/NRA LIFE MEMBER

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    a_minimalist's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2012
    Posts : 490
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flacracker View Post
    I usually shoot 124gr or 147gr when running my VP9 suppressed. I've never had an issue running it suppressed with American Eagle 115gr, but subsonic loads are the quietist.
    What sub loads do you shoot? I was about to but 1,000 rds of 9mm but now that I will be shooting suppressed I think I'll need to find something and make sure it works

  6. #5
    Quietly Making Noise
    flacracker's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Location : Fl Gulf Coast
    Age : 62
    Posts : 49
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a_minimalist View Post
    What sub loads do you shoot? I was about to but 1,000 rds of 9mm but now that I will be shooting suppressed I think I'll need to find something and make sure it works
    Currently working through a case of American Eagle.

  7. #6
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    a_minimalist's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2012
    Posts : 490
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flacracker View Post
    Currently working through a case of American Eagle.
    American Eagle subs? Have a link?

  8. #7
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    BigBoss0311's Avatar
    Join Date : Dec 2009
    Location : Dallas, TX
    Age : 35
    Posts : 1,224
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    why would you shoot 115 through a suppressor anyways? Why wouldn't you shoot sub loads?
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

  9. #8
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    a_minimalist's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2012
    Posts : 490
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss0311 View Post
    why would you shoot 115 through a suppressor anyways? Why wouldn't you shoot sub loads?
    I'm ordering bulk next week and just got my suppressor an wanted to shoot it. I'm like a child who can't wait to play with his toy. 115gr was the only 9mm available at Walmart and dicks near me

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    KentDog's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2008
    Posts : 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    My first 60 rounds or so through my P30 and Obsidian 45 was using 115gr WWB, since it was all I had on hand at the time the suppressor had arrived. My P30 threaded barrel is also in LH and I didn't experience any issues with loosening or failures. The 115gr WWB is noticeably louder than subsonic ammo (and also seems to be dirtier ammo, leaving quite a bit of residue in the can). My preferred LGS has Speer Lawman 147gr and I buy Fiocchi 158gr online to shoot 9mm suppressed.

  11. #10
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    a_minimalist's Avatar
    Join Date : Aug 2012
    Posts : 490
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KentDog View Post
    My first 60 rounds or so through my P30 and Obsidian 45 was using 115gr WWB, since it was all I had on hand at the time the suppressor had arrived. My P30 threaded barrel is also in LH and I didn't experience any issues with loosening or failures. The 115gr WWB is noticeably louder than subsonic ammo (and also seems to be dirtier ammo, leaving quite a bit of residue in the can). My preferred LGS has Speer Lawman 147gr and I buy Fiocchi 158gr online to shoot 9mm suppressed.
    Well that's a little concerning. I'm thinking once I get the tool to tighten the spring retainer it should be less of an issue. I'm a little more concerned about the 115gr wwb working for you and not me. What normally causes these kinds of issues? I'm new to suppressors so not really sure why it would work for you and not me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •