NFA items on the market: better description needed
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NFA items on the market: better description needed

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Default NFA items on the market: better description needed

Discuss items that raise questions. Seems like it would be valuable to those in the market.

E.G.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/item/672071026

If it is what it looks like, ambi pack should not fit on gun. The converted 94 pack should have stayed with the RR?
    Last edited by kbinmt; 07-24-2017 at 02:13 PM.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    Discuss items that are 'hinky'. Seems like it would be valuable to those in the market.

E.G.

If it is what it looks like, ambi pack should not fit on gun. The converted 94 pack should have stayed with the RR?
    I was thinking the same thing when I reviewed the auction--- maybe an "A-0-1" lower originally--- but it could be a registered trigger pack in an ambi lower, erroneously described as a registered receiver--- the paperwork could clarify!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    I was thinking the same thing when I reviewed the auction--- maybe an "A-0-1" lower originally--- but it could be a registered trigger pack in an ambi lower, erroneously described as a registered receiver--- the paperwork could clarify!!!

Tony
    Exactly, it could be a lot of things. Buyers need to know what questions to ask.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Discuss items that are 'hinky'. Seems like it would be valuable to those in the market.

E.G.

If it's a clip-on RR with an unserialized sear that was originally installed in a semiauto fire control frame, there should be no issue with moving the original unserialized sear into another frame (in this case ambi) to use on the clip-on RR.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jsurowitz View Post
    If it's a clip-on RR with an unserialized sear that was originally installed in a semiauto fire control frame, there should be no issue with moving the original unserialized sear into another frame (in this case ambi) to use on the clip-on RR.
    This is an interesting area. As I understand it, ATF says that, if the unserialized sear is moved to a different frame, then that leaves you with the original frame that could be used (illegally) on another semi host. However, that's exactly the same issue if you move a transferable sear from one frame to another. You either destroy the original frame or you install a different sear into the original frame. I would be curious to know how, or if, ATF would distinguish these two almost identical senarios.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

E.G.

That's making a pretty strong "Assumption". Who's to say that it's not a Registered receiver that utilizes Double pushpins? Or it could be any number of possibilities that are legal however, singling out this ad from a reputable dealer and saying that the outer housing shouldn't fit on the gun just isn't right unless you know more than you are posting. Perhaps you aren't aware that years ago ATF did approve the conversions of Clip on RR's to push pin then later changed that but grandfathered those already converted when the clip on was destroyed by a 0-7 MFG. and if I'm not mistaken the dealer in the ad is an 0-7. Do keep in mind that as the ad clearly states this is a very early conversion which does open it up to a multitude of potential possibilities. I'm not affiliated in any way with the dealer or have a dog in this however, I believe in giving someone the benefit of the doubt when I don't have all the facts, I'm not for throwing anybody under the bus without having all the facts first. Given the changes the ATF regulations have undergone over the years and all the things I've seen regarding this subject I've learned that it's all about Paperwork, and unless you are looking at the paperwork it's purely speculation and conjecture. But, that's just my educated thoughts on the subject.

VR,
    Frank in GA.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank in GA. View Post
    That's making a pretty strong "Assumption". Who's to say that it's not a Registered receiver that utilizes Double pushpins? Or it could be any number of possibilities that are legal however, singling out this ad from a reputable dealer and saying that the outer housing shouldn't fit on the gun just isn't right unless you know more than you are posting. Perhaps you aren't aware that years ago ATF did approve the conversions of Clip on RR's to push pin then later changed that but grandfathered those already converted when the clip on was destroyed by a 0-7 MFG. and if I'm not mistaken the dealer in the ad is an 0-7. Do keep in mind that as the ad clearly states this is a very early conversion which does open it up to a multitude of potential possibilities. I'm not affiliated in any way with the dealer or have a dog in this however, I believe in giving someone the benefit of the doubt when I don't have all the facts, I'm not for throwing anybody under the bus without having all the facts first. Given the changes the ATF regulations have undergone over the years and all the things I've seen regarding this subject I've learned that it's all about Paperwork, and unless you are looking at the paperwork it's purely speculation and conjecture. But, that's just my educated thoughts on the subject.

VR,
    Frank in GA.
    I agree with you. And, I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt, but the dealer in this instance is responsible for communicating those circumstances you outline. He brought this on himself. If it were one of the situations you describe, then he should spell it out! What, he's too busy to take an extra 5 minutes to type? This is a lot of friggin money. If he is a professional, then he should advertise like one.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    If he is a professional, then he should advertise like one.
    Do you mean like that wanker Frank?
    Lighting the Darkness

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK556WI View Post
    ROFLMAO! and I know you're not talking about this one.
    Frank in GA.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK556WI View Post

E pluribus unum.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links